Thought I was new to "Prepping" but been doing it for years

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
GreenFrog

Thought I was new to "Prepping" but been doing it for years

Post by GreenFrog »

Ok, I recentley watched some "preppers" from across the pond (USA) and at the start it was, just something different to watch from the gloom of our news etc. like the programs started, to mark them, make my own comments and think about what would I do ?
I have a bag of useful items in the car, just in case and because I go out camping / hammock etc, I have the kit to bring together a "bug out bag", now packed and ready. Also thought about been a "Grey Person" not bedecked with Camo.
With my background I can get into the woods / forest / out of sight and be quite happy.
Reading some of the "posts" I can see that other people are also. now reading more about the foraging and off grid living.
ForgeCorvus

Re: Thought I was new to "Prepping" but been doing it for years

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Prepping is a very broad church, it ranges from the bushcrafter/Run-for-the-hills type to the Bunker dweller to the "Got an extra weeks food and a bit of cash" sort....... Its really comes down to if you self identify as a Prepper or not.

Prepping is a form of insurance to help deal with the bumps in the road that come along sooner or later...... Come to think of it Insurance is a form of Prepping :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:39 pm Prepping is a very broad church, it ranges from the bushcrafter/Run-for-the-hills type to the Bunker dweller to the "Got an extra weeks food and a bit of cash" sort....... Its really comes down to if you self identify as a Prepper or not.

Prepping is a form of insurance to help deal with the bumps in the road that come along sooner or later...... Come to think of it Insurance is a form of Prepping :lol:
Today I had an emergency visit to my dentist.He sees me QUICKLY.Private.My emergency fund covered it.That's prepping.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I reckon the number of people who wake up one morning and say "i'm going to become a prepper' could be counted on the fingers of one spectator at a football match and the majority just bimble into it. An extra tin or two here , spare blankets , tools , first aid kits vegetables in the garden , keeping an eye on things in the news till one day you find yourself on a site like this one...
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:01 pm I reckon the number of people who wake up one morning and say "i'm going to become a prepper' could be counted on the fingers of one spectator at a football match and the majority just bimble into it. An extra tin or two here , spare blankets , tools , first aid kits vegetables in the garden , keeping an eye on things in the news till one day you find yourself on a site like this one...
... reckon you are right there
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

grenfell wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:01 pm I reckon the number of people who wake up one morning and say "i'm going to become a prepper' could be counted on the fingers of one spectator at a football match and the majority just bimble into it. An extra tin or two here , spare blankets , tools , first aid kits vegetables in the garden , keeping an eye on things in the news till one day you find yourself on a site like this one...
Yep, thats the route!