Help With "The Preppers Bulge"

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Alex_Wolf

Help With "The Preppers Bulge"

Post by Alex_Wolf »

I don't post much, just scope the boards for ideas, but i am out of them!

My key-ring is rather beefy, sometimes overwhelmingly so. I built it to work which it does well, now after many years, i want to improve. I'm a fan of OOS (out of sight) and OOM (out of mind) My keys are far from it. Like most other key rings they are rather bulky and noisy.

Ideally, i would like to keep all that i carry on them to stay together but slimline it, something like an urban organizer but instead of molded pockets, maybe a high grade elastic strap? I also use a thick strap and karabiner it to my belt loop, if possible i'd like to keep that ability, slightly paranoid about loosing my keys.

I'm still looking around on amazon but shooting in the dark with what to actually search for, the things i find are usually to big or wouldnt beable to house my current gear >.<

Here's an accurate reference to what i carry to give context:

The keys are already sorted with this,

The Lighter,

The Cash Stash,

The Dump Drive, (often gets moved to bag when not in constant use)

The Whistle, pee-less, Ofc

The Torch, From Lidl, AAA - 5 Modes incl SOS and Strobe

The Latest Edition. Quite useful given i take buses alot and they now have USB charging ports,
ninetydot

Re: Help With "The Preppers Bulge"

Post by ninetydot »

I had a similar issue, I ride a motorbike and used to carry different sets of keys and fobs etc.
I bought a Keyport slide and now have all I want on one block, It was a bit of a faf getting the keys converted and getting the chip for the ingnition immobilizer was easier than i thought.

However I'm really pleased with the result.

https://www.mykeyport.com/
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

My son is only part prepper but he does like our gear. he has a Travellers money belt which he keeps a data stick, mini headphone things, USB charging lead and a Gerber Artifact mini prybar knife thingy, some pound coins . His house and car key are on one of those extending cable spool thingys that clip onto his belt. He wears SOMETIMES a tiny neck knife .
Tankford

Post by Tankford »

preppergb wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 am He wears SOMETIMES a tiny neck knife .
You might want to be careful with that if you are UK based, if they are disguised in anyway as something that isn't a knife (so if the blade is hidden) they are illegal. (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... DS_FAQ.pdf)