A BOB - I never thought I would build this.

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
sniper 55

Re: A BOB - I never thought I would build this.

Post by sniper 55 »

If you buy a private sale car it's be untaxed and uninsured, that'll ping the ANPRs, gone are the days of buying a car with a few months tax. Taxing it online will need a dodgy credit card or someone elses account, insurance will need someone elses details at the very least if your on the wanted list.
You'd probably be better off getting a taxi from near where you leave your car.
oldman

Post by oldman »

sniper 55 wrote:If you buy a private sale car it's be untaxed and uninsured, that'll ping the ANPRs, gone are the days of buying a car with a few months tax. Taxing it online will need a dodgy credit card or someone elses account, insurance will need someone elses details at the very least if your on the wanted list.
You'd probably be better off getting a taxi from near where you leave your car.
A doggy credit card, struth Sniper, you're not suggesting we break the law are you? :D

You're right that they have tightened up on cars but it should give you a few hours before the information filters through. (The last time I sold a car it was a couple of days before I eventually did the paperwork) In reality you better have this all in place before you have to escape with the second car already hidden in a lock-up. You could "clone" a number plate or swap your number plate with another car. There are lots of options if you were willing to break the law. We live just outside the controlled parking so on a work day the street fills with cars, take your pick, it will not be reported stolen until 6pm. :twisted:

It's not going to work for long as all you are doing is generating chaff to confuse the hunters. But if it's going to take the hunters four hours to work out what you did in that first hour you'll be 200 miles away. :)
"Just when one least expects it, the unexpected always happens" - Dr. Rance
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

You might get away with the tax as the DVLA is a shambles, it's the insurance data base that will ping you, most people change their insurance over when they buy a new car. It'll show up as uninsured.

And no I'm not suggesting anything dodgy, just pointing out that you would be leaving a paper trail if you use your card.
oldman

Post by oldman »

sniper 55 wrote:You might get away with the tax as the DVLA is a shambles, it's the insurance data base that will ping you, most people change their insurance over when they buy a new car. It'll show up as uninsured.

And no I'm not suggesting anything dodgy, just pointing out that you would be leaving a paper trail if you use your card.
Credit cards and mobiles, first things in the bin. As for anything dodgy, I don't think we're discussing anything here that has not already been widely reported in the media. We know bilkers will use black electrical tape to change their reg number and with the recent Equifax data loss opening us up to identity theft it becomes all to easy for the criminal. We know these things go on and if we don't we should do. If you start getting money disappearing out of accounts or parking tickets from places you've never been you'll know why.

It's like, I want a James Bond rotating number plate (fitted to an Aston Martin of course) but that would be against the law. I'm still going to tell everyone. :lol:
"Just when one least expects it, the unexpected always happens" - Dr. Rance