My GHB

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
jansman

Re: My GHB

Post by jansman »

After helping to put out a car fire yesterday,I observed a situation that can be easily dealt with.The chap whose car caught fire waited for his sister to fetch him from 3/4 hour drive away. We offered him a seat in our front room,but he declined politely.Then it started to rain- and we offered again.Then we offered him an umbrella,which he accepted.

Anyhow,a compact umbrella has now been added to my car/GHB.Its something that Michael Palin insisted upon when he travelled the world.Wise man.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I need to properly 'rebuild' mine, I've had a few bits out and swapped stuff around to use when going away for the odd night. I've sort of lost track of some stuff and there's the possibility I've missed stuff that I'd rather have in the bag, I even had the bivvy bag out to lend to my mate last weekend. This is kind of why I resisted having one for so long, and by the same logic never having had a 'bug out' bag, I would want to have my best gear in it but I use my best gear from time to time. Anyhoo, the GHB needs to be mustered and sorted. Definitely tomorrows task, for most of the stuff in it I'm happy with stuff that isn't my 'best' gear.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

A compact brolly is part of my kit too. :) But like Deeps, the contents have taken a battering and need sorting.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

My well-packed compact brolly was what made the security services on Eurostar stop me for a search a few years ago - my bag was so well packed, and the brolly was packed next to a fair sized cardboard box (which contained my fascinator, in case you're wondering :mrgreen: ) I was told it looked like a bomb on the X-ray machine at St Pancras!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote:My well-packed compact brolly was what made the security services on Eurostar stop me for a search a few years ago - my bag was so well packed, and the brolly was packed next to a fair sized cardboard box (which contained my fascinator, in case you're wondering :mrgreen: ) I was told it looked like a bomb on the X-ray machine at St Pancras!
Oh dear! :oops:

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Rearranged my car boot today.That much crap in there! Anyhow,I repacked my GHB,throwing a load of stuff out.My main 'risk' is being stranded between work and home,and having to yomp it.Sooo...the little day pack it has been repacked and now weighs,with two litres of water,only 7lb 14oz!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Good going mate, mine is a bit heavier than that. It should keep me going for a couple days at a push though. Working on the principle it would take me 2 days to walk from my mum's to mine. It all fits in a 30L bag with room to spare for extra 'cargo'.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:18 pm Good going mate, mine is a bit heavier than that. It should keep me going for a couple days at a push though. Working on the principle it would take me 2 days to walk from my mum's to mine. It all fits in a 30L bag with room to spare for extra 'cargo'.
Its all about personal circumstances isnt it? No right or wrong way.
Oh yeah,forgot to say that there is one of those Seven Seas lifeboat rations in there too,and that has to weigh the thick end of a pound.I hate clutter.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm
Its all about personal circumstances isnt it? No right or wrong way.
Oh yeah,forgot to say that there is one of those Seven Seas lifeboat rations in there too,and that has to weigh the thick end of a pound.I hate clutter.
Yup, what works for one might not work for another but we can all pick stuff up from each other. I've watched plenty youtube vids and getting bored and then they'll come out with something that makes me go "ooooh, good idea !"
jansman

Post by jansman »

That’s the boy! Always another way.

Robert Frost.

Me.