GHB Yorkshire

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
sethorly

Re: GHB Yorkshire

Post by sethorly »

Thanks for the input guys, especially showing me I need bolt cutters not cable cutters.

Mods, do you think most of this thread should be deleted? If it leads to just one idiotic Darwin Award contender (ie. pretty much any late-teen male if I remember my youth correctly!) going onto train tracks during normal life.... :cry:
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sethorly wrote:Thanks for the input guys, especially showing me I need bolt cutters not cable cutters.

Mods, do you think most of this thread should be deleted? If it leads to just one idiotic Darwin Award contender (ie. pretty much any late-teen male if I remember my youth correctly!) going onto train tracks during normal life.... :cry:
Speaking for myself, I'm a big fan of natural selection, let them crack on. ;)
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I'm not going to suggest going on the railway lines, but it might be worth keeping in mind in a total SHTF situation the military will probably be moving stuff around by train and that means the lines may well be guarded or patrolled as they were in WW2.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

They will be high value transport links for a lot of people I think - you're right.

My thoughts so far have come up with train lines in SHTF being good for Getting Home, Bugging Out, or gaining quick access to lootable Distribution Centres.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Forgot to mention that theres usually lots of odd unused building around the railway lines that might make a shelter in a SHTF situation. Again, the warning don't go on the lines!
I'm talking zombie apocalypse now, and they wont be catching the 4.10 to belsize park so the lines should be quiet.
But seriously if theres any younger members here please don't go near the railway lines, I'm unlucky enough to have seen what happens if someone gets hit by a train, and it's not pretty. Yes I know I sound like your dad but hey I care.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

I think it's clear that the railways are out of bounds in all but the worst case scenarios, in such times things would be different and you'd have to weigh up the best route home, the GHB has to be varied according to season and activity, for me/us it is primarily likely to be needed in a car breakdown during a day out, be it a run of the mill mishap or a global catastrophe and either 30 miles or 100 miles (by road) from home or indeed somewhere in between, by road the route is largely A38 for the short run, the long run however whilst quicker and more direct to go A38-M5- A361 is actually 25 miles longer than the other road option, the rail option is longer and broken I think, what to pack is a nightmare :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was preaching, just worried about younger members.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

sniper 55 wrote:Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was preaching, just worried about younger members.
It's fine it actually serves well to know the ins and outs, we all wander off a little too, my little scenario there is an example of worst fears when off on our travels. The truth is there are several levels of preparedness for different destinations and times of year, we would never go the long trip (100 miles) if the weather was too sh1tty or likely to be, so that kind of scratches cold weather gear form that one.

Either scenario begins with car not working, something happening during the journey is also a possibility,so the most likely thing is awaiting the RAC for longer then we were due to be out.

Then comes getting back home car less in varying weather conditions, and because we do sometimes venture out in pretty bad weather ( silly I know) waiting out more severe than expected weather is also a thought. Packing the car for a day out is a bit overkill as it is on our part so much so that we feel we need a bigger car just for the three of us :lol: how we would cope with more stuff I do not know.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.