BOB within a BOB?

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
2ndRateMind

Re: BOB within a BOB?

Post by 2ndRateMind »

So far as I can make out, the classic BOB contains enough stuff to maintain yourself in good order for 72 hrs as you travel to your bug out location. I can't see any problem with organising its contents so that you can abstract rapidly absolutely essential items to maintain yourself for 24 hrs or less, like water, snacks, edc stuff, etc, should the situation require it.

Cheers, 2RM
Omnes qui errant non pereunt
Not all who wander are lost
Djorn

Re: BOB within a BOB?

Post by Djorn »

I have a BoB in the car, it contains as much as I think of I might need in an emergency, pry bar, bolt cutters, lock picks etc. I have an additional empty bag in the car that will be filled with what I think i will need dependent on the situation.
A Prepper is for life, not just for Doomsday !!
Memphis

Post by Memphis »

During my basic training we were made to carry a survival tin as part of our kit which stayed in our pocket all the time, along with all the other lanyarded bits and bobs, the idea being if your seperated from your kit you have the survival basics.
So in my BOB I carry a survival tin, its like the shop bought tobacco tin sized ones but ive put in my own bits, i can't remember all thats in there but it has things like a small knife, a few strips of puritabs, button compass, just the basics. In my case now it'll be more useful if im maybe too injured to carry a heavy BOB or in a much less likely anarchic situation im chased from my kit and carrying the whole bag would hinder me.

I think it's a good practice to have a tin my size as it takes up very little space and is a good last last last resort. I also made the old man one up for when he hill walks incase he goes over and injures himself, it might help him last a bit longer if he needs too.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk