Suggest an EDC watch

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Pointboy

Re: Suggest an EDC watch

Post by Pointboy »

I've just purchased the g shock gg-1000. Awesome watch. Has temp readout, compass and other multiple settings.
AREA 8 we shall defend our island, what ever the cost may be,we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender.
munchh

Post by munchh »

So you worked it out then? Tootall1994 ?
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Pointboy

Post by Pointboy »

Yes I did! Haha. Had to look through users on here and the remembered my user name
AREA 8 we shall defend our island, what ever the cost may be,we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

That's an expensive watch bud! How much did you pay? I'm still in the market for a watch. I always am really. I'm still pleased with the performance of my TIMEX but the compass is a bit unreliable - only because I don't know how to calibrate it. I may choose to go for a solar G-shock next year and just get one of those button compasses that attach to the strap.

I also like the idea of the Seiko automatic that was suggested earlier. Seems like a bargain for £90.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
munchh

Post by munchh »

In the last year i have found myself using just 2 of my watches, one is a "tough solar" so not quite a g-shock but pretty much the same, i use this if im going to the beack or going to be getting grubby, but my 99% of the time EDC is my Eco-drive, its just the cheap one, i think its about £60 in argos, but i found one for £25 in cashconvertors window. I just love it.
(Pics to follow)
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

AREA 3
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Ok, I shouldn't have started this thread, it's costing me too much money. I just ended up making another (yet another!) impulse purchase, albeit for only £10.99. There seem to be a lot of these watches on eBay, refurbished classics. But looks at this - it's beautiful!

What's the catch? You think it could be fake?

This is the actual watch I bought...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SEIKO ... true&rt=nc

Here is an image of it...

munchh

Post by munchh »

Oh man. I really like that. :P
AREA 3
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

That is a really nice watch, good spot.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Well I'm starting to wonder if it's a fake. It would make sense for it to be, they have fake rolex and other makes for sale on the continent, fully automatic for this kind of money. Some people are leaving feedback saying that the watch face is crooked or something.

Ah well, we'll see how it looks when it gets here. For a tenner I could see it still being a good deal, but if it turns out to be a fake and they've used cheap metal rather than stainsless then it will give me a rash in no time at all. I'm apparently allergic to nickel. I've got to take my Tissot into Timpsons to have the battery changed, might see if they will look at this and verify it's quality at the same time.