Suggest an EDC watch

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Jamesey1981

Re: Suggest an EDC watch

Post by Jamesey1981 »

preparedsurrey wrote:As a follow up to my last post I just looked up how much a replacement would be <gulp> I don't think I'll be wearing it anywhere outside the house again :(
Definitely worth putting on your insurance. :)

I used to work with a guy that wore a Patek Philippe valued at about £65,000, is frightening the amount of money you can spend on a watch if you want to.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

preparedsurrey wrote:As a follow up to my last post I just looked up how much a replacement would be <gulp> I don't think I'll be wearing it anywhere outside the house again :(
Aye, I'd get it sold and buy a nice G-Shock. Or about 300 G-Shocks. ;)
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
PrepperPete

Post by PrepperPete »

Jamesey1981 wrote: I do quite like Tudor, don't know much about them now they've been relaunched, but the older ones were a Rolex movement cased in precious metals in Britain, very very nice watches, and not as expensive as you'd think.
I really like Tudor as well. Based on my "philosophy" of buying "for life" this is the watch I would want to spend that bit extra for. Yes, it's a couple of grand but I gather the mechanism is very good so I'm hoping for something that outlives me (and I'm not planning on going anywhere for quite some time)!!
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Ok, unless one of you lot can talk me out of it, I think I'm getting the G-Shock Rangeman. I don't like that all the youtube videos of it are dodgy gun wielding war mongers in the states, but the watch itself does everything I think I want. It's radio controlled, solar, tough, has a compass, barometer, thermometer and altimeter.

Plus it has the lovely negative display on the green one, which is the one I think I want.

Any thoughts?
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

too much tech in a watch to go wrong.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

dangerman wrote:Ok, unless one of you lot can talk me out of it, I think I'm getting the G-Shock Rangeman. I don't like that all the youtube videos of it are dodgy gun wielding war mongers in the states, but the watch itself does everything I think I want. It's radio controlled, solar, tough, has a compass, barometer, thermometer and altimeter.

Plus it has the lovely negative display on the green one, which is the one I think I want.

Any thoughts?
Referring back to my earlier post regarding the fitness-focused Garmin Fenix 3, I can honestly say that since wearing it I've attracted a lot more attention from fit, lycra-clad, health conscious, well-toned smoothie-drinking women whereas if I was to wear the G-Shock you describe, my greatest fear would be being touched inappropriately by a burly bearded fella wearing a AR15 tee-shirt and with a 'from my dead cold hands' tattoo.

Each to their own, I suppose ;-)
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Briggs 2.0 wrote: burly bearded fella wearing a AR15 tee-shirt and with a 'from my dead cold hands' tattoo.
You've basically just described me!
You're safe from me in a G-shock, I can't stand them, but if you were wearing a Breguet then that's a whole different story, I'm a classy redneck.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Briggs 2.0 wrote: burly bearded fella wearing a AR15 tee-shirt and with a 'from my dead cold hands' tattoo.
You've basically just described me!
You're safe from me in a G-shock, I can't stand them, but if you were wearing a Breguet then that's a whole different story, I'm a classy redneck.
Fair enough, if you can carry off this look then who am I to argue ;-)

Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Looks pretty normal to me?
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

preparedsurrey wrote:Looks pretty normal to me?
The fact that he's allowed himself to be photographed without his pick up truck or at least one firearm makes me suspicious, looks like a communist to me.
:tinfoil