Suggest an EDC Pen

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Decaff

Re: Suggest an EDC Pen

Post by Decaff »

Toddie wrote:
Decaff wrote:
grenfell wrote:Don't you have to keep at least one black pen though decaff as I'm pretty sure some offical type forms say to write only in black ?
Screw fix tend to provide most of my pencils . I'm in and out quite often and always pick some up. Not the greatest quality and wood coloured so very easy to lose amongst the shavings and sawdust but freeeeeeeee!
This is true but I just use blue anyway. :oops:
Wow, thats one hell of a "F the system" :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah, don't mess with me right!!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I try to always use black, colours make my dyslexia worse.... Mind you, I'm at the "reads well, can't write for toffee" end of the spectrum so I think its something to do with books are printed in black therefore blue or WHY looks 'wrong'
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
metatron

Post by metatron »

I really love the Lamy medium nib safari fountain pen, also the classic Sharpie, can't go wrong with either

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

After much deliberation, i've decided to go with a stainless steel fine sharpie.

Cost me £6.00 for the pen, refills and a case from Amazon.

Should be here tomorrow. I can upload photos of it, and how it writes if anyone is interested.

However, many thanks for your suggestions guys. Fisher Space pen was a very close second.
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
SparkyD

Post by SparkyD »

At work I always have a carpenters pencil,sharpie and a pen with LED light i had a fisher bullet but lost it :(
Monstermash

Post by Monstermash »

This is my EDC

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/201360007813

Tactical MultiFunction Pen Emergency Martial Arts Glass Breaker Outdoor Survival

Also very effective as a kubotan

Cheap as chips as well.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Monstermash wrote:This is my EDC

Tactical MultiFunction Pen Emergency Martial Arts Glass Breaker Outdoor Survival

Cheap as chips as well.
Just a wee reminder that we don't really do the 'weapony thing' on here, it can start to get a bit messy legally.
munchh

Post by munchh »

ForgeCorvus wrote:I try to always use black, colours make my dyslexia worse.... Mind you, I'm at the "reads well, can't write for toffee" end of the spectrum so I think its something to do with books are printed in black therefore blue or WHY looks 'wrong'
Haha, brother from another mother, im with you in so many ways, black medium bic all day long :D
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Cheap as chips as well.

They are absolute shit got the three colours mainly for weighing down my id pass on lanyard
the pen is fine but the glass breaker tried it on a bit of glass from a flood light so it was toughened and the point mushroomed . Totally shit as a break glass item . Good pen .

Jamie
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Monstermash

Post by Monstermash »

poppypiesdad wrote:

Cheap as chips as well.

They are absolute shit got the three colours mainly for weighing down my id pass on lanyard
the pen is fine but the glass breaker tried it on a bit of glass from a flood light so it was toughened and the point mushroomed . Totally shit as a break glass item . Good pen .

Jamie
You no likey? I'm really happy with mine as its unbreakable in the harsh environment of a building site, a good pen plus very effective for breaking things other than glass which we must not go into on this board. I had the original Uzi one which had the concealed handcuff key inside but I lost it on site one day after putting it down for 'a minute'. I just have the cheapy Chinese clone now without the key. Never leave home without it and now never put it down anywhere other than back in the sky rocket it came out of.