Suggest an EDC Pen

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Deeps

Re: Suggest an EDC Pen

Post by Deeps »

tanstaafl wrote:
Deeps wrote:Appreciate the response Tanstaafl, I'll check them out. I was happy enough using the cheapy Parker's but just grudged losing 1 or 2 a year. I saw the True utility jobbies as very much for emergency use and I'll probably get one plus extra refills at some point.
No probs

You do get 3 refills with them but they are tiny, about an inch long and half the diameter of normal refills, I reckon you would not get more than a weeks regular use out of them.... but as said good for emergency use .... :D
I noticed that you get 3 spares with it, I'm an oddball though and would want more. :lol: As you say, the small size looks like it would be a limited 'magazine'. Its only a matter of time before I buckle and get one, even the missus has been asking if there's a 'zombie' pen I can get. :lol:
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Another cheap option I forgot to mention, very cheap in fact, poundland sell a shorter version of the Bic four colour retractable ballpoints that everyone thought were the most amazing thing ever back when I was at school, I bought one the other day for the nostalgia factor and they're much sturdier feeling than I remember, good thick plastic with a little flex in it so shouldn't be too brittle, worth a quid of anyone's money if you don't mind looking like a seven year old.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
PrepperPete

Post by PrepperPete »

I use this fisher space pen:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Non-Refl ... 001E103CY/

Full "Parker" sized pen, with a pocket clip so it doesn't escape (as often as a bullet pen!) or roll away...

Less than £15 on Amazon and takes the same refills.

[edit] Fixed the dodgy link... Sorry... It's still a handy pen!
Last edited by PrepperPete on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

tanstaafl wrote:
dangerman wrote:I've got the Bullet Space Pen and it's dead nice. But it's really too expensive and the lid always annoyingly falls off.

They do do a cheap version of the space pen , a plastic version , its the one I have and its pretty good for six quid........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fisher-Space- ... xynapRiDug
That looks really good! And it's the same price as a refill. Shame on the postage though, makes it not worthwhile over here. Someone said earlier about getting a free parker pen, I might do that and stick a space pen refill in one day. Should work out the same price. Problem is that the free parker pens are all for over 50s plans...
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

They do do a cheap version of the space pen , a plastic version , its the one I have and its pretty good for six quid........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fisher-Space- ... xynapRiDug
That looks really good! And it's the same price as a refill. Shame on the postage though, makes it not worthwhile over here. .
They come up on Amazon now and again , found one yesterday for £2.50 but was silver ink......
omega man

Post by omega man »

really? :shock:

So whats wrong with just walking into a bookies or ikea and taking a fist full of the little pencils/biro's?.. bang some in the car, in the edc, toolbox, locker etc
wipe out quality with quantity! :D and zero outlay, I've many things higher on preppy list than a implement with which to scribe.

OM
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

omega man wrote:really? :shock:

So whats wrong with just walking into a bookies or ikea and taking a fist full of the little pencils/biro's?.. bang some in the car, in the edc, toolbox, locker etc
wipe out quality with quantity! :D and zero outlay, I've many things higher on preppy list than a implement with which to scribe.

OM
Good for you bro but being the suave and sophisticated cat that I am I like to have a decent pen on me. I always have something, even a bic but I prefer to have something a bit more substantial. Colour me odd. :D
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

OM
This forum needs a 'like' button. This is a great post.

I do this, I never walk out or Argos or Ikea without a fist full of pens and pencils. But the reality is that they're crap. The pencils break all the time and the pens are scratchy. Ok for occasional use but I'm writing all the time and enjoy a pen that writes nicely.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

dangerman wrote:

OM

I do this, I never walk out or Argos or Ikea without a fist full of pens and pencils. But the reality is that they're crap. The pencils break all the time and the pens are scratchy. Ok for occasional use but I'm writing all the time and enjoy a pen that writes nicely.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Deeps wrote:
dangerman wrote:

OM

Again, we need a 'like' button.