Best/favorite EDC torch?

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Arzosah

Re: Best/favorite EDC torch?

Post by Arzosah »

I've been catching up with this thread after realising I had some paypal money to spend, so I bought a couple of the little Cree XM L Q5 LED torch. Wanted a couple of cheap, little ones that used batteries I can already recharge, so I was happy with these - my existing EDC torch died the other day, I'm only left with one, and thats not acceptable :shock: :D
munchh

Post by munchh »

metatron wrote:Pocket EDC torch has moved to an Olight S1 Baton, as I wanted something small and powerful and I use a Coast G19 as a back up as the Olight uses a CR123a which is not as easy to get as the AAA the Coast runs on.
That Olight S1 baton is crazy, it has loads of modes, 2 timed modes! and a magnetic end, pretty well thought out.

i think id be afraid of loosing it!
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

munchh wrote:
metatron wrote:Pocket EDC torch has moved to an Olight S1 Baton, as I wanted something small and powerful and I use a Coast G19 as a back up as the Olight uses a CR123a which is not as easy to get as the AAA the Coast runs on.
That Olight S1 baton is crazy, it has loads of modes, 2 timed modes! and a magnetic end, pretty well thought out.

I've seen some good reviews for the Olight S1 Baton and it's on my wish list.
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
metatron

Post by metatron »

whenfires wrote:
munchh wrote:

Its a really great little torch, worth every penny. The modes means you can have super low and usable light or blinding strobing or fix beam, but most importantly its reliable, I have no doubt that whenever I hit the power button, it will work.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

whenfires wrote:
I seriously considered getting one over Christmas, but it's the lack of easily obtainable batteries after a SHTF situation that bothers me. They do look good though.
metatron

Post by metatron »

sniper 55 wrote:
whenfires wrote:
I seriously considered getting one over Christmas, but it's the lack of easily obtainable batteries after a SHTF situation that bothers me. They do look good though.
I tend to think of it as you can get rechargeable CR123a's, but yeah if you want that type of power and feature set, you can't get that out of a single AA torch, which would be companionable in size.
BadgerSE

Post by BadgerSE »

Another torch I forgot to mention was the Fenix PD35 tactical Cree XP-L 1000 lumens 6 mode flashlight. Google it. Good bit of kit.
“Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”

Area 3
munchh

Post by munchh »

My wife just bought me the Thrunite Ti3, i tried it at work last night, i would say from the rave reviews it gets on youtube, i thought it would be brighter, but its more than bright enough, very impressive for a tiny thing that only takes 1 AAA! 100 times better than any button type single LED that ive had on my keys up till now and only £20. I will try it with some quality batteries and see if there is a difference, as the one i put in it had been in my van for sometime.

first impressions though are very good. Its as bright if not brighter than my headtorch and it is a backup for not having my headtorch, so thats cool.
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

ive used a number of torches but my go to edc torch is the cree q5 ive got one in my van,edc,bob,ghb,garage they are well made, my main torch in my bob the q5 is a back up is a fenix ld22 its bright, well made takes a hammering and as a back up in the house kit and bob is the barracuda crank and solar flashlight its easy to use ,solid, rubberised and water proof but ive gotta say for the money the cree q5 are adaptable small well made my van one has been in the van for ages its used at work . just a question im in need of a new bob tent ive looked at loads but im settling on the coleman two man range anyone got one and is it up too scratch ? ie coleman Darwin,cobra and aravis ive heard reports of bad condensation any others maybe the vango two man range ?
munchh

Post by munchh »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11165

heres a tent thread :D
AREA 3