EDC update and dilemma

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
dangerman

Re: EDC update and dilemma

Post by dangerman »

The updates to my set up are that I've gotten rid of the tactical pen - it was just a crappy £3 chinese thing. Got rid, too useless and bulky. The pound land umbrella, the poundland poncho and the poundland bumbag were all crap too. Either a one time use item... Or less. Might upgrade later, but the uses of these things were limited and relatively unlikely anyway so I'm just going to go without for now.

The tin of tablets has been moved to my day bag now too, it was taking up too much space in my pocket organiser. So I've replaced with one of those keyring stash money pill things and stuck a couple of paracetamol in there. I would have liked to squeeze two paracetamol and three ibuprofen into it (which is my usual go to hangover repair system) but there is no joy in that sized thing. So I've just resorted to the very last resort 'better than nothing' approach.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Did you ever look at the snugpac responce pac?

its a grab/shoulder/bum bag and i get loads in mine, but i went the same way as you and cut down to a pocket pouch.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Actually mate yeah, I bought one of the cheap chinese ones from eBay for about a fiver and I use it as my grab bag - it's got all the most essential things in it and i keep it in a dry bag near the front door. I'm pretty pleased with it. I've totally rejigged my EDC since the times of this post though. The set up I have now seems to be pretty definitive. It's modular.

Might do a post about it... :D
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Its gonna be an expensive do, if you lose that pouch.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

This is true. Believe it or not it fell out of my pocket on the way out once... Just drove off with it in the middle of the road apparently. Someone called me and said they'd found my emergency contact information. He left it under the bin outside my house.

A real good citizen... Pay it forwards all.
SparkyD

Post by SparkyD »

I have one of those maxpedition micros solid bit of kit mine is sitting empty at the moment as I have no idea what I want to put in it. When I'm off work I find that my SAK minicamp is enough for most tasks
SparkyD

Post by SparkyD »

I have one of those maxpedition micros solid bit of kit mine is sitting empty at the moment as I have no idea what I want to put in it. When I'm off work I find that my SAK minicamp is enough for most tasks
covertcolin

Post by covertcolin »

I love posts with pics like this. thanks for taking time to show them.

munch- I have the snugpak, its a really good bag but a pain to carry, just not practical IMO, so its in the car

my work EDC is micro stuff in a maxpedition wallet in the side pouch of the 5.11 shoulder bag (name gone from my mind) but its a handy little kit, cost me a few quid to get all stuff sorted (gerber mini etc) but it slips in pocket fine.

if wanting a self- defence tool- scrapping the pens and keeping a 'tactical' torch (chinese cree version £2 ebay) are really handy I think.

its a struggle having a really effective bladed tool now in the UK isn't it. my SAK is great and stays in my 20L rucksack that I use for trips but it has a lockblade so this needs replacing.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

covertcolin wrote:I love posts with pics like this. thanks for taking time to show them.

munch- I have the snugpak, its a really good bag but a pain to carry, just not practical IMO, so its in the car

my work EDC is micro stuff in a maxpedition wallet in the side pouch of the 5.11 shoulder bag (name gone from my mind) but its a handy little kit, cost me a few quid to get all stuff sorted (gerber mini etc) but it slips in pocket fine.

if wanting a self- defence tool- scrapping the pens and keeping a 'tactical' torch (chinese cree version £2 ebay) are really handy I think.

its a struggle having a really effective bladed tool now in the UK isn't it. my SAK is great and stays in my 20L rucksack that I use for trips but it has a lockblade so this needs replacing.
Just a wee reminder that we don't really discuss the weapony stuff on here.
covertcolin

Post by covertcolin »

okeydokey Deeps

apologies for my error- claiming newbie asylum :) ... OP mentioned the tactical pen, was just highlighting similar from different tools.

but point taken and will adapt my wording.