Alice or molle GHB?

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
pseudonym

Re: Alice or molle GHB?

Post by pseudonym »

butterbean wrote:thanks both,

pseudonym - can you tell me somewhere that might sell these? a chain or shops or something? the only berghaus ones i can find are the multicoloured camping and hiking ones.
All bar one came from Army surplus stores and for under half the price of a new one.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

I have a couple of 5.11 Rush packs too, a 12 for EDC and a 72 while I'm away for work. Great bits of kit, well made and sensibly thought out for ease of access to everything.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Dare I mention Ospray packs saw some last night in go outdoors I had to walk away quickly before the credit card came out
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

im heading go outdoors on my way back from work tonight, going to see what they have, whats an ospray pack?

if youre saying that im assuming something half decent
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

butterbean wrote:im heading go outdoors on my way back from work tonight, going to see what they have, whats an ospray pack?

if youre saying that im assuming something half decent

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/product-search/ospreyThey had a good selection in their Doncaster branch
http://www.ospreyeurope.com/gb_en/

Kept winning mountain bike hydration reviews over camelbak a few years ago look and feel good quality and more civil looking

They do mil spec stuff too including body armour et all

butterbean

Post by butterbean »

had a good look round go outdoors, checked out the osprey packs, must admit i did like them, but I've realised they're not what I'm after, since i started dipping my toe into the prepping world and seeing things in a different way the things i want have changed, a couple of years ago when looking for a pack i would have gone for something like the 1's i saw tonight, they really do look like a decent bag, quite cool, but now I'm thinking different and I'm veering more towards the military style of packs, i know some people say they stand out more but each to their own and all that.

saying all that, i did see a vango freedom 80+ 20 pack that i really did like, really comfy, adjustable and spacious, matches my family tent as well.
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

butterbean wrote:
saying all that, i did see a vango freedom 80+ 20 pack that i really did like, really comfy, adjustable and spacious, matches my family tent as well.

What moron would pick one of those :oops: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8342

;) :D

butterbean

Post by butterbean »

haha i can see why you would go down that route, seemed a decent bag, are you currently using that or have you changed it, a lot of people seem to have plenty of different bags and change/upgrade often, id like to get started before i get to do any changes
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Its still loaded up only problems is the 20l bag is somewhat uncomfy on its own and if well aka badly packed they are a pain to zip together

butterbean

Post by butterbean »

do you take it out and test it? or is it sitting by the door/in the car waiting to be used?