Freeze dried food price increases

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Medusa

Freeze dried food price increases

Post by Medusa »

There is a popular freeze dried food company which isn't a million miles away from me and I have bought a few bits in the past. I found a supplier who also stocked their food who offered free delivery over a certain amount which actually worked out cheaper than buying direct. There appears to have been supply issues from the manufacturer recently and things have been out of stock for quite some time, however on browsing tonight I found that the manufacturer has increased their prices on the large tins by approximately £6-£8 whereas the supplier has increased theirs by at least double and in some cases trebled the price. I have a reasonable store of tinned and dried foods but wanted a few of these freeze dried tins as a back up. Will be shopping around now for the best deal as I was horrified at the price increase of this particular supplier and it appears that other suppliers are also increasing their prices, although by not quite as much at the moment.
Growing old disgracefully!
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Freeze dried food price increases

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Even the humble ex mod ration packs are going for silly money now
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Re: Freeze dried food price increases

Post by pseudonym »

2021 was the year that home freeze dryers started to hit Youtube in a big way over the pond.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.