Pasta machines

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
shocker

Pasta machines

Post by shocker »

I'm not a fan of labour saving kitchen devices as they seem to cause more work and take up space when never being used.

However, I bought a pasta machine for a tenner on an auction site to shred my home grown tobacco. Surprisingly I have got a lot of culinary use out of it.

Not just pasta but Chinese style egg noodles, nicely thin pastry for many uses even flaky pastry.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
jansman

Re: Pasta machines

Post by jansman »

shocker wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:07 pm I'm not a fan of labour saving kitchen devices as they seem to cause more work and take up space when never being used.

However, I bought a pasta machine for a tenner on an auction site to shred my home grown tobacco. Surprisingly I have got a lot of culinary use out of it.

Not just pasta but Chinese style egg noodles, nicely thin pastry for many uses even flaky pastry.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Now that’s interesting.I passed on tobacco plants to my brother,who smokes, and he uses a pasta machine too. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Re: Pasta machines

Post by Arzosah »

Good for you! I got one on freegle back in the day, but I never used it (I had a lot of work on for ages, wasn't in the mood to do that when I'd finished) but those are great uses for it. Maybe the one I got for free didn't have all the attachments - I passed it on in the same state, so I don't know now :?