Pressure Cookers

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Re: Pressure Cookers

Post by jansman »

After this week ,after a pressure cooker - related incident, I felt like locking this thread! :lol: We make a lot of meat pies at work ,and previously we put 5 x 5 kg of diced beef into cook bags,and into the ham boiler over night. The boss bought a huge electric pressure cooker ,which has a 10 kg capacity ,and beef can be cooked in 35 minutes. Good piece of kit.

Yesterday,one of the cooks asked me for a ten kg batch of diced beef.When it was done she asked me to drop it straight into the pressure cooker. I did.Then she added the water.She and I didn’t realise that the pan had not been put in,and water and beef found its way through the electrics underneath.Whoops. :oops: I emptied it,took of the inspection plate underneath and cleaned it out,and dried it. That made the gaffer happy :?

Anyhow,I put it back together this morning,and it was fine. Told him it would be. ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:58 pm After this week ,after a pressure cooker - related incident, I felt like locking this thread! :lol: We make a lot of meat pies at work ,and previously we put 5 x 5 kg of diced beef into cook bags,and into the ham boiler over night. The boss bought a huge electric pressure cooker ,which has a 10 kg capacity ,and beef can be cooked in 35 minutes. Good piece of kit.

Yesterday,one of the cooks asked me for a ten kg batch of diced beef.When it was done she asked me to drop it straight into the pressure cooker. I did.Then she added the water.She and I didn’t realise that the pan had not been put in,and water and beef found its way through the electrics underneath.Whoops. :oops: I emptied it,took of the inspection plate underneath and cleaned it out,and dried it. That made the gaffer happy :?

Anyhow,I put it back together this morning,and it was fine. Told him it would be. ;)

:lol:

Done that once with the slow cooker :lol: fortunately it was dry stuff bar a bit of meat juice :oops:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Not just me then. :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
Ara

Post by Ara »

I did the same with the breadmaker. Luckily it was just the dry stuff. I'd already put the liquid in the pan. Note to self: always close the lid of the breadmaker when sorting out the ingredients.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I poured stock into the soupmaker, filled it up to the top mark, then realised the power cord and plug was still inside it :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:06 pm I poured stock into the soupmaker, filled it up to the top mark, then realised the power cord and plug was still inside it :mrgreen:
Several times,my gaffer has come to me because cooking oil has been poured over the plug to the fryers. Needed my multi tool to sort it. Reminded him of this ; yeah right. :(

Robert Frost.

Me.