Stealth Allotments

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Re: Stealth Allotments

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:47 am With the added advantage very few want to walk through brambles and nettles and there'll be fruit and nettles to eat too :D
Permaculture thinking!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

If nothing else this thread has made me think about giving it another go. It's common enough to find some potatoes chitting and it's no great loss if i plant them somewhere and get nothing back. Anything back is a bonus. Likewise with some of the "excess" seeds i get.
Kilofoxtrot16

Post by Kilofoxtrot16 »

Just got back to this thread and thanks for the interesting advice and replies Perhaps the 'allotment' in the title was a bit missleading in some feedback. In my minds eye I have the idea of planting not just in one place or in massive quantities but spreading out over a few locations and not try not to cause any damage or real tresspass issues as one reply was concerned about. Ive scouted already some easy but out of the way areas that a short bike ride would could cover and also be covert enough but also quite appropriate to be there. As an experiment its worth a try perhaps not providing a years crop but give a little variety and suppliment. Great to read all the replies thanks
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Glad you found it helpful. I hope that you'll go though with this and let us know he results whether good or bad.