TooGoodToGo

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jennyjj01

Re: TooGoodToGo

Post by jennyjj01 »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:46 pm From the ones I've had so far, I can see this working well. Target day for the TGTG challenge* is looking like Monday

*To try to survive a week on 3 or 4 TGTG bags
I confess, I didn't do my TGTG challenge. The Chicken thighs got frozen and other stuff went in the fridge.

Nonetheless I picked up another magic bag today. What an eclectic mix......

Tray of 2 pork chops :D
Tray of 4 veg samosas :D
half loaf of bread
chilli hot scotch egg
tub of Tuna Mayo sandwich spread
and something I never tried: A jar of marmite peanut butter !!!!! :roll:

LOL. good value and I got some meat. The chilli hot scotch egg already eaten.
IMG_20210824_192845.jpg
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

The gaffer picked up a bag tonight , cost £4 for a label pricing of £13.85. It contained a pack of four cheese rolls , a toffee yoghut , four chocolate cookies , tuna mayo sandwich , a malt loaf , a mozzarella and tomato pasta , two battered haddock fillets ,and six free range eggs . All i all seems a decent enough deal and we'd be happy to do it again. As it's really close to us and we are , not friends , but known to the staff the guy said to my wife he'd tried to put good stuff in the bag.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Just a quick update . The mozzarella pasta got dumped as it was vile. Think that had turned unless it is supposed to taste like that but either way it's gone on the compost heap. No problems with the rest of the stuff though.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Bumping this thread, because the Cost of Living Crisis has made it topical again.

I'd stopped partaking of the TGTG magic bags after a few disappointing ones and cancellations.
On revisiting the app, I see that what used to be an assortment of 'bags at pretty fixed prices of 3.09, there are now a range of prices from as little as 1.99

The payment processing aspects seem to have gone a bit to the dogs. Currently stuck 'waiting for payments provider',...

Abandoned and re-ordered for tomorrow. Lets see what I get for my £1,99
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

deckard

Post by deckard »

Thanks for the reminder. We used tgtg for a couple of months in the summer, and our experience was similar to yours, generally we were happy with it. Our route was for the wife to reserve them and I'd go and fetch them on my bike to get some exercise. However after a couple of disappointing experiences where the shop refused \ couldn't come through because their own app wasn't working we sort of gave up.

Maybe the pricing change is a local thing? The local Nisa and OneStop shops that I used still seem to be £4 magic bags.
PreppingSu

Post by PreppingSu »

Before seeing post, I had reserved one Morrisons groceries bag £3.09 and one Morrisons Cafe bag £2.99, to collect at 3.30pm today. And a Costa Coffee bag, £3.00, to collect at 6pm.

Will post later what we get!
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

We still use the scheme occasionally. Generally not too bad , the worst one was from Subway. We don't have one near us but of course with the app you can get one where ever you are which mrsG did a while ago. The subway one was very disappointing being just not quite stale bread and nothing else so pretty poor value really.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

PreppingSu wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:14 am Before seeing post, I had reserved one Morrisons groceries bag £3.09 and one Morrisons Cafe bag £2.99, to collect at 3.30pm today. And a Costa Coffee bag, £3.00, to collect at 6pm.

Will post later what we get!
I have a couple ordered for tonight. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" :)

Costa coffee one sounds intriguing. Muffins? Cakes? Sandwiches?

The problem with some of these is that they are for collection quite late in the day, often after we've eaten.
That and they're sometimes rubbish :)
I never managed to get a Morrisons one, nor a Lidl veg box.

PreppingSu

Post by PreppingSu »

From Morrisons (I can't seem to upload photos...🤦‍♀️)
Cafe was £2.99 (worth £9.00 apparently).
- tray of salmon sandwiches and crisps (hubby's lunch tomorrow, 2 packs children's ham sandwiches(I will make them into toasties tomorrow) and a mixe box of cakes (pudding today).
Groceries £3.09 (worth £10.00l).
- broccoli, dill, 2 packs celery, pack chilli peppers, small loaf of bread, loose apples (6 in total, punnet of raspberries, 3 punnets of blueberries)

I've had worse from Morrsions.
PreppingSu

Post by PreppingSu »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:35 pm
I have a couple ordered for tonight. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" :)

Costa coffee one sounds intriguing. Muffins? Cakes? Sandwiches?

The problem with some of these is that they are for collection quite late in the day, often after we've eaten.
That and they're sometimes rubbish :)
I never managed to get a Morrisons one, nor a Lidl veg box.
[/quote]

My friend got a rare lidl veg box, right time, right place I think. There was a lot of fruit and veg in it . Very good value.