Pragmatic Stock Rotation of Substitutes

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Re: Pragmatic Stock Rotation of Substitutes

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:36 pm Fantastic! That’s on the list, for sure. Just for the record, we just got back from the pub. Dinner was a whitebait starter, followed by rack of lamb, seasonal vegetables in a raspberry jus. And a very nice bottle of Merlot.

But that bacon and beans sounds good!
LOL. Do I sense a hint of sarcasm? :roll: I'm not offended either way.

Savouring what is available in times of plenty is, of itself, a sort of prep. Stashing happy memories.
Because we are able to survive on a shoestring does not mean we have to do so immediately. :)

ps. Whitebait. YUCK. You can keep 'em. I once ate ONE. The thought of eating all of a creature, especially eyes for some reason, grosses me out.
Truly, no sarcasm at all. We like food. All sorts of food. I probably only eat whitebait when I am over here. Love it. But then not everyone does. Vive la difference! Or as my brother is oft fond of saying , “ one mans wombat p@ss is another mans real ale” Tomorrow we have to be home. It’ll be a Chinese from our fave takeout
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Pragmatic Stock Rotation of Substitutes

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Mmmm food we had takeaway first time for a while last night.... Tuesday night loading the dishwasher I dropped a bowl... Worried that little feet would find shards of ceramic I swept then vacuumed the kitchen......

Went to unplug the hoover and well
Screenshot_20210715-211738.png

Fortunately I'm more than savvy enough to replace it Mrs a picked one up but by the time she finished her shift it was late ....
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine