Food in your emergency bag

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Cupid_Stunt

Re: Food in your emergency bag

Post by Cupid_Stunt »

Nurseandy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:43 pm I'm really quite sad and keep a 72hour supply of tinned food & water, tea, coffee in the car along with a solid fuel stove. Along with shovel , foul weather gear, torch, knife, etc and a book in case I'm in for a long wait.
I like the idea of a tin of rice pudding though - will be adding that!
As a footnote I drive all over the highlands all year so there is potential to get stuck due to snow/floods etc.
Good call on the rice pud 8-)
I also carry a couple of the flat pack tuna-based potato "toppers" in foil packets, along with some Clif bars, coffee packets and tea bags. I've got a small knockoff MSR Rocket (from Wish.com) and, as a backup, I carry a small fold flat Lixada wood stove, just in case. In other words, no big surprises.(Poncho, shelter kit, SOL Bivvy, wood saw, Sawyer Mini, etc, is a given, obviously).
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not all out to get me
Cupid_Stunt

Post by Cupid_Stunt »

Deeps wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:13 pm
featherstick wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:20 pm Lots of grains-in-pouches, fruit-in-pouches purees, and so on around, can be eaten cold. Cans of coffee. Peperami or kabanos. Fruit bars. Tins of rice pudding. Dehydrated fruit. Bags of nuts. GORP.
One thing to bear in mind with the fruit purees and other high fibre stuff is that if your body isn't used to it, it will go through you like an Exocet so maybe worth having some extra tissues or the like. :o

Immodium is something else to have handy maybe.
Or failing that, a cork. :mrgreen:
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not all out to get me
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Cupid_Stunt wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:39 am
Or failing that, a cork. :mrgreen:
:lol:

Could double up as a concealed weapon. :D