RTC!

Logistics and Transport
Yorkshire Andy

RTC!

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

How many people are brushed up on rtc action

Mrs Andy had a bump yesterday third party was been very stubborn......

Called me I drove to the spot... Within a few minutes I broke the news that I knew who they were insured with... Which got a supprised look

Bookmark

https://m.askmid.com/mt/www.askmid.com/mobile/

Then got what we needed (Mrs A had given her details)

Driver's name address

Vehicles registered owner's name and details

Oh and we have dash camera footage in 720p hd showing the third party ignoring the traffic lights
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Re: RTC!

Post by jansman »

Sorted then! I haveput that site in my phone.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Impressive! Thanks for that, Andy - and well done you.

ETA - just tried to put it on my mobile, and it says "mobile service temporarily unavailable" - they're working on it. I got through on my laptop fine (as I was reading your post).
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Cheers Andy, I've sent a link to the missus to see if its of use to her.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Wouldn't load in fire fox but loaded on Chrome...

Modern tech is great :tinfoil

You can also remove the m prefix and add www. Which gets past some mobile page formats

Ps my mate is a insurance motor accident assessor so she has had a nice chat with a family friend who is holding our hand and helping us play the game correctly

korolev

Post by korolev »

Hope your mrs is ok, people matter, cars are just bits of metal.

With regard to insurance, you don't have to let the other party's insurance company handle it, although they will probably offer; their priority will be to pay as little as possible, in other words, they will stiff you if they can.
It's worth getting quotes for repair from garages you trust.
If it looks like it could be "beyond economic repair" (ie a write off, which can be minimal damage on modern cars), get a few prices from autotrader for like-for-like replacements.
You can always reply to the insurance company advising them that, whilst noting their underwriting of their customer, you reserve the right to hold him liable and seek redress thereof. In law you are entitled to be put back in the same position as before the accident.

I had a car written off a few years ago because of a dented door, a lazy repair shop and incompetent insurance assessor, took a lot of jumping through hoops to get it sorted.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I'm aware of their tricks, with the car been old if it's written off due to it been small and old it will cost the insurance co to get rid of it (not much metal in it lots of plastic rubber and oils that all need recovering in sma environment safe manor, looking at the info she's been sent so far they will come assess the damage and just pay out an agreed sum already got a glasses guide price, next up is auto trader and find similar car and milage looking at £1250 mark....

Then keep the car re MOT it and get it back on the road.. after the door is sorted (I can machine polish 95% of the marks out the rest 1/4 and doors

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well within 20 mins of the dash camera footage been sent they have accepted full liability..

Next job is to get the car sorted and kids seats replaced granted it was a small knock but can't prove they are safe they don't seem too keen on the idea of replacing them as the kids were not in the car.....

Photo of instruction saying replace after any impact or accident sent we await their response you'd replace a motorbike helmet if you drop it even if your heads not in it..

pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Nice one. ;)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Glad to hear its all in hand and that Mrs A is unhurt (although if our experience is anything to go by you'll be getting phone calls from ambulance-chasers for the next three years :evil: ).

We've been thinking of getting dash cam.... Does the group-mind have any recommendations/avoids ?
Do you get what you pay for, or is budget just as good ?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar