London Protests

Logistics and Transport
hedgerowpete

London Protests

Post by hedgerowpete »

i am finding it facinating how a hundred people can cause so much chaos in london,

I see the police have had to turn the wifi system off to slow down their comms.

so all you need to cause complete bedlham in london is a beard, super glue and a yellow viz jacket and possbly a tomato plant.

old Bin Laden must have turning in his water bed about that, could have used those tactics himself??

does this mean that super glue is going to be with held from people with beards??

jokes apart, the system thats in place have rules and regulations, if a situation ( idiot and super glue) happens, every thing in that area has to be closed down for " safetys sake" that safety zone than knocks out a considerable area around it. so one incedent has a circle of area of effects. if you were to do an incedent in a good spot the effects would be conssiderable.theres many places easily accessable to say a tube passenger that can affect main line trains or bus routes or roads.

now say as a prepper your affected by one of those areas, your going to lose bus, train, car, taxi and possibly bike transport as the road is closed or the area closed off. now theres a considrable though?

the other issue is how far away do you have to be to miss this happening.
say you walk off a building site at 5pm, your going home, you still have your site high viz on and you walk round a corner into the middle of a load of these protestors. all of a sudden your running away, but your also running away from the plod with all the other protestors, that suddenly makes you one of them.

but how do you plan where they are going to be?
how do you plan to not be , where they are, how far away do i have to walk to circle around them?
jansman

Re: London Protests

Post by jansman »

You will know where they are, as they are the usual ‘Crusty Rent- a- mob ‘. You’ll smell ‘em!😆😂

I am an avid fan of Democracy. The freedom to do as you see fit. That does NOT include vandalism and disruptive protest. The law is the law.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

jansman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm You will know where they are, as they are the usual ‘Crusty Rent- a- mob ‘. You’ll smell ‘em!😆😂

I am an avid fan of Democracy. The freedom to do as you see fit. That does NOT include vandalism and disruptive protest. The law is the law.
totally agree, but look how well someone has looked into where to start the protests, when to do so and how to do so to make maximium damage
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Firstly take off the high vis vest. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm You will know where they are, as they are the usual ‘Crusty Rent- a- mob ‘. You’ll smell ‘em!😆😂

Yup, and funnily enough, they're having a protest in the UK, not... I dunno, off the top of my head, Beijing or Moscow.... Nothing like putting your life on the line with a (thankfully) pretty benign country and police force.

Yup, da man is absolutely bricking it after a couple of dafties glued themselves to a train. We all know the 'elite' travel by light railway. :lol:
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

All the sites and locations of protests are posted on their various forums and websites I beleive.

The authorities know this lot are different, not your usual rent a mob, lefty hippies. ER are well organised, well funded and know how to use social media properly.

And most importantly, they are likely right. Near term climate chaos probably is coming ! (Awaits horrendous backlash / replies) ;)

Sadiq Khan better get the water cannon ready. :lol:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I think all the cops have to do is leave the silly buggers glued to whatever it is they're glued to, and go home/to the pub/on holiday. Leaving a few protestors glued to tube trains in front of a crowd of seriously cheesed-off commuters might also be instructive.. :twisted:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:42 pm All the sites and locations of protests are posted on their various forums and websites I beleive.

The authorities know this lot are different, not your usual rent a mob, lefty hippies. ER are well organised, well funded and know how to use social media properly.

And most importantly, they are likely right. Near term climate chaos probably is coming ! (Awaits horrendous backlash / replies) ;)

Sadiq Khan better get the water cannon ready. :lol:
Like most people, I think climate change is something that will have a massive impact on our kids futures so something that needs addressed. I just see these rallies as hugely self indulgent and whether consciously or not I think a lot of others are the same and it turns us off. We've had these protests going on for one issue or another for years and I'd suggest they have very little impact on things, its more about the individuals. Its a bit like the kids who go all the way to Africa to build schools or whatever, raising money to go and do it, they could just send the money they've raised to Africa, I'm pretty sure they know how to build there too.Not much glory in having a whip round right enough.

Cynical.... moi..... :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

No doubt that the climate is changing.As a hunting and fishing man,I have noticed the changes over the last thirty- odd years. My garden reflects that too.However, it is mankind's very presence that is exacerbating what would probably happen in the Earth's own lifecycle.

If the Noble Protest groups feel so strongly,they should start by shuffling off this mortal coil.Yes I said that! Top 'emselves!A bit less methane in the atmosphere,the ultimate noble sacrifice for fellow man and Gaia herself! But that won't be an option,Da Man has got to find a Techno- Fix; someone else will have to take responsibility for the ' Big Stuff', ' cos I am a Climate Change Activist,and I eat organic,refuse carrier bags and drive a VW camper that runs on chip fat. :lol:

I have said it before: Anyone preaching to others about Climate Change,and dishing out Eco- Guilt needs to prove their Eco- Credentials by living without fossil fuels of ANY kind,grow their food,( ALL of it) with zero input from outside. That includes their water supply too.Never gonna happen.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Just how easily and quickly a small amount of disruption can have such a major impact is a good lesson for all of us. Regardless of our personal views of these protesters, how would we overcome the disruption to travel, heightened tensions, being caught up in a crowd etc. It could happen anywhere, not just in London.

Has anyone on this forum been directly effected yet? It would be good to hear their experience.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"