Concern about airports post Brexit

Logistics and Transport
Arzosah

Re: Concern about airports post Brexit

Post by Arzosah »

I find air travel troubling environmentally, yes ... I've "only" had one flight in the last ten years or so, but I do intend to take another this year.

Speaking of current flights ... my rellies reached their Indian destination, thanks to a 90 minute delay caused by flying around Pakistani air space, which is still closed.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

daylen wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:43 pm
featherstick wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:25 pm Another wrinkle:

If we exit with No Deal, we'll fall out of GDPR, which will make the forward transfer of passenger lists (among many other things) impossible. This will make it v. diff. for airlines to operate until an agreement is reached.

It's almost as if they didn't think it through.
I'm not sure anything would change data-wise to be honest. GDPR effectively becomes UK legislation and the EU could easily just make an adequacy decision to say our standards meet theirs. Much like they do with Privacy Shield from the USA. It would be hard to argue against such an adequacy decision because our law literally would be the same as GDPR.

Although having said that, it getting seriously close to brown trouser time with all this!
Oh I agree, in theory. It's jsut there is SO MUCH of this stuff, to be done in (checks date) three weeks.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Wouldn't it have been great if we had had, say, a couple of years notice of it all? :twisted: :twisted:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:10 am Wouldn't it have been great if we had had, say, a couple of years notice of it all? :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:
Massive War monkey

Post by Massive War monkey »

Only just seen this post..But i'd like to add my 2 cents on this topic as i feel i am quite well placed.
I work fulltime at a large UK airport .
This is something that has been taken very seriously by all of the airports and the CAA have taken great steps to roll out many contingencies regards this. In truth you would notice absolutley no difference apart from maybe a bit of confusion whislt queing at immigration..UK border force are a seperate entity to the airports.
Don't belive what some tool journalist at the Guardian wants you to think about this..all they do is promote fear an unneccesary panic to sell copy.
Whilst i have a general distrust of government /political institutions and there lack of organisation i can assure you from what i have seen and been part of myself this is an area which has had a great deal of work put into ensuring it works out