hemorrhoids

Medical and Healthcare
buttystella

hemorrhoids

Post by buttystella »

what would sufferers use in a shtf situation when no medication was available? Are natural remedies available? does anyone use alternatives and how successful are they? Hemorrhoids are very common and could impact on a persons chance of survival, thought i would ask because i suffer from time to time with them.
Plymtom

Re: hemorrhoids

Post by Plymtom »

I don't know about natural remedies but a pile of medication for the purpose is part of my preps ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

In the DK Herbal Remedies guide

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Herbal-Remedies ... 359&sr=8-5

It suggests that witch hazel applied to hemorroids is helpful. Also taking bilberry/blueberry as a fruit regularly is good. There were a couple of other suggestions but not as easy to get hold of/grow etc.

Also make sure you have plenty of fibre in your diet as a preventative method.
buttystella

Post by buttystella »

good stuff psue thankyou
Maddie_cat

Post by Maddie_cat »

Plymtom wrote:I don't know about natural remedies but a pile of medication for the purpose is part of my preps ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one

An infusion of horse chestnut is good too
I'm in Area 1
mongrel

Post by mongrel »

Ok I suppose I should say, I had one diagnosed by the doctor a couple of months ago, I was totally shocked, I'm fit not over weight and have a good diet.

Anyway the point is the doctor gave me no advise he actually said " it's just your age" so I went on the net and did some reading, so today I have no haemorrhoids nor did I have to buy any creams.

Since that doctors appointment I eat one solid meal a day in the evening, during the day I eat fruit, breakfast is Banana and an orange, dinner time is apples, orange and whatever is on offer.
The result is I've lost half a stone feel better and no problems "down below" one other thing I discovered was, this is a western condition and people who squat to go to the toilet are rarely affected, OK so I didn't start to squad but I purchased a small foot stall that sits in front of the loo, did make a difference!!

hop that all helps
jansman

Post by jansman »

My Doctor told me...20 years ago, that Piles is down to being Bi-peds. Standing up causes gravity to do it's thing!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

mongrel wrote: one other thing I discovered was, this is a western condition and people who squat to go to the toilet are rarely affected, OK so I didn't start to squad but I purchased a small foot stall that sits in front of the loo, did make a difference!!
How interesting! Thats a good one!
MedicHerbalist

Post by MedicHerbalist »

Hemorrhoids are varicous veins around the anus. Straining on defecation makes them worse. There are a number of herbal treatments that work. Think in terms of Hawthorn (for vascular system) Butchers Broom (specifically for varicous veins) and diet. Mongrel ....er puts his finger on it very nicely (in a manner of speaking). Diet is critical. If you eat crap food your body will not work properly (...well who would have thought it!!!). A high fibre diet means stools are larger and softer and the colon does not have to use the same pressure to move the stools along. Therefore the pressure is lower. Dump sugary, junk and refined foods. Eat fresh veg, fruit, fresh meat, fish, nuts and have moderate exercise and you are very unlikely to get hemorrhoids.

We have had a million years to adapt to being bipedal. The doctor is talking nonsense (nothing new there). But if hemorrhoids is the worst thing that you get from a poor diet you are indeed lucky!