What now ... ?

Medical and Healthcare
Vitamin c

What now ... ?

Post by Vitamin c »

Started feeling unwell several days ago cough ,running nose and generally odd so I decided to wait and see how it develops it got worse and so I booked a drive through test on Sunday my results came. back today and I'm covirus free .
To be honest this shocked me I was convinced I had it now I'm unsure about what to do Iv Googled my problem and not a lot their .
What would you do have a family Xmas or still keep my head down.
Fill er up jacko...
jennyjj01

Re: What now ... ?

Post by jennyjj01 »

Vitamin c wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:15 pm Started feeling unwell several days ago cough ,running nose and generally odd so I decided to wait and see how it develops it got worse and so I booked a drive through test on Sunday my results came. back today and I'm covirus free .
To be honest this shocked me I was convinced I had it now I'm unsure about what to do Iv Googled my problem and not a lot their .
What would you do have a family Xmas or still keep my head down.
Hi,
Sorry you are unwell, and pleased its not (probably) covid
Frankly, we have all been masked up and socially distancing so long that OTHER respiratory infections have been suppressed. That is good. Less regular flu deaths. But it also means our immunity to those has waned and the authorities couldn't even optimise the flu jab. That opens us up to infection.
I'd strongly urge you to still quarantine with any respiratory infection. Nobody will thank you for it, and if someone catches it from you and later catches covid, it could be the difference between life and death.

But that's just me....
Get Well,
Stay Safe
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

It is flu/cold season... my wife and I both positive with symptoms, both our daughters same symptoms both negative numerous times.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Thank you both you have just reinforced my views on the matter I'll be staying home alone for Xmas plenty of food and whisky to keep me warm.
Fill er up jacko...
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Vitamin c wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:07 pm Thank you both you have just reinforced my views on the matter I'll be staying home alone for Xmas plenty of food and whisky to keep me warm.
Join the Club, My Mum and sister live in Kent, I am not willing to travel there to compromise theirs or my health for a meal.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Vitamin C, I hope it doesn't get any worse than it is now. As long as you're able to have a hot meal, and plenty of hot drinks, you'll be absolutely fine on your own at home. I had that last year, and actually found it quite enjoyable. This year, barring problems, I'll be with my sister and her adult daughter, transport is private car both ways, and both of them isolate nearly as much as I do.