2nd dose vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
GeeGee

2nd dose vaccine

Post by GeeGee »

Hi fellow preppers .. was wondering who else has had 2nd vaccine... had mine last week same time as other half who has CLL was watching him like a hawk due to the leukeamia..then woke up good Friday wondering what day it was ..bed soaked sheets soaked .. app id had a temp of 101 shivering and sweats .. he is perfectly fine and poor man been looking after me .. I was out of it for 31 hours
After speaking with doc he said its a really good thing this happened to me as it shows my immune system is responding perfectly to the 2nd dose of vaccine and though the other half hadn't had that reaction it didn't mean he was not responding as each individual is different
I was rather reluctant to agree as I felt and still feel like I've been up over by a truck or two 🤣 but he said it is better than getting covid ...
The stash of paracetamol that I had left where other half could see it had come in useful and the cold compress ..thermometer etc so ..he has listened to my constant prepper nagging ..
Some people are fine some arent they say each person reacts differently I was wondering how everyone else has coped with it ... im going to be well enough today to scoff the easter egg that was left at the side of the bed for me 😅
Happy Easter all ......
jansman

Re: 2nd dose vaccine

Post by jansman »

When my wife had her first jab, she had similar symptoms as you. It floored her for 24 hours+
On the flip side, I had my first jab a week ago and I was absolutely fine.

It will be interesting to see what happens on the second dose.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
korolev

Post by korolev »

My son and his GF were both hit hard with 1st dose, sweats and shivers for 24 hours.
I was just knackered the next day and Mrs K was fine.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

My word, geegee, you've been through the mill a bit with that, haven't you! I've only had my first dose yet, don't know when my 2nd will be coming up, though I've chatted with my doctor's surgery on facebook (!!!). I was very fatigued for 3 days or so, then gently recovering for another 3 days. I'm going to make sure I've got lots of standby medical aid and foodstuffs for my 2nd.