No jab, no job

Medical and Healthcare
The Green Man

Re: No jab, no job

Post by The Green Man »

If you want the vaccine, have it,

If you don’t want the vaccine, don’t have it.

If you’ve had then vaccine you’re all safe and happy, I would presume.

Why would anyone who has had the vaccine be concerned about wether or not other people have had or are having it?

It’s not a legal requirement to take it, so why are people so bothered about what everyone else is doing?
"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

The Green Man wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:36 am If you want the vaccine, have it,

If you don’t want the vaccine, don’t have it.

If you’ve had then vaccine you’re all safe and happy, I would presume.

Why would anyone who has had the vaccine be concerned about wether or not other people have had or are having it?

It’s not a legal requirement to take it, so why are people so bothered about what everyone else is doing?
There's literally no reason to not have it (unless you have had allergic reactions in the past).

Not having the vaccine is a selfish idiotic thing to do.

Reduces chances of being hospitalised, reduces transmission. Helps to protect others as well as yourself.

If you don't understand the above, then I don't have the time or crayons to explain it to you.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Bad Wombat

Post by Bad Wombat »

scoobie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 am There's literally no reason to not have it (unless you have had allergic reactions in the past).
I'm glad someone finally said it.

What seems to be lacking in some of the above posts is that with freedom comes responsibility. And it is our responsibility to do our part in defeating this thing.

Me and OH will be getting our first jabs Friday.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

Bad Wombat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:00 pm
scoobie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 am There's literally no reason to not have it (unless you have had allergic reactions in the past).
I'm glad someone finally said it.

What seems to be lacking in some of the above posts is that with freedom comes responsibility. And it is our responsibility to do our part in defeating this thing.

Me and OH will be getting our first jabs Friday.
Agreed, and I’m super happy you’re getting your vaccine! :D

I’m sick and tired of seeing borderline anti vax comments on here. If you’re stupid and selfish enough to not have the vaccine, keep it to yourself.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

My opinion. Whether you have any seasonal vaccination or not is none of your employers business.

I did get the 'Flu jab for a couple of seasons but my surgery decided that I no longer qualified, I'm not old enough yet.
Likewise, I won't get invited for a C-19 one until fairly late in the year.

If my boss told me I had to have one, he might get a short answer with the word "Off" in it
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
The Green Man

Post by The Green Man »

Checking this thread, as far as I can see, not one single person has said they are not having a Covid vaccine.

I can see people replying that they are having a vaccine & others who are defending the rights of people who chose not to have it.

I never see anyone condemning people for choosing to have it either.

There are however some very rude & unnecessary replies.
"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

scoobie

Post by scoobie »

The Green Man wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:40 pm More nonsense from the Covid fanatics.

I still haven’t decided if I’m having the vaccine yet, things like this make me more suspicious, I’m sure I’m not alone with that thought process, I’m less likely to do something if there is coercion or threats regarding freedom, whoever is pushing this agenda needs to understand that a large number of people won’t be bullied.

If vaccines work (I am not suggesting they don’t) & are safe, people will eventually have them, we don’t need these kind of threats.
Your whole post is laden with hints of anti vax.

Don't like how you have been spoken to, then you're free to leave.
The Green Man

Post by The Green Man »

scoobie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm
The Green Man wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:40 pm More nonsense from the Covid fanatics.

I still haven’t decided if I’m having the vaccine yet, things like this make me more suspicious, I’m sure I’m not alone with that thought process, I’m less likely to do something if there is coercion or threats regarding freedom, whoever is pushing this agenda needs to understand that a large number of people won’t be bullied.

If vaccines work (I am not suggesting they don’t) & are safe, people will eventually have them, we don’t need these kind of threats.
Your whole post is laden with hints of anti vax.

Don't like how you have been spoken to, then you're free to leave.
Ok, will do Enjoy your echo chamber.

Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

I have my vaccine today
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Had my jab yesterday afterwards I was given a card with name and vax batch no on and told in no uncertain terms to keep with me at all times.
Fill er up jacko...