No jab, no job

Medical and Healthcare
jansman

Re: No jab, no job

Post by jansman »

scoobie wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:16 pm Just have the damn vaccine (unless you're prone to allergic reactions to vaccines)

Its tested, it's safe, it reduces transmission, it significantly reduces severe disease.
But it’s the idea that we HAVE to have it,or society will never function again. I can remember the 80’s when AIDS hit. The Western world went into meltdown. Went for a mortgage,and you were questioned if you were gay,or ever had an HIV test. It wouldn’t be acceptable now,and rightly so. We are a free society and should embrace that. Disease has come and gone-and is always in the wings.

This virus is mutating faster than our vaccination programme. It’s here to stay. Each year the PTB have to second guess the Influenza Virus and vaccinate according to the NHS Crystal Ball because,basically,it’s a lottery.

As I said earlier,it ain’t that lethal to most. Have the vaccination,by all means,but NOT having it should not be a bar to earning a living.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

My counter to that would be, why would you not have it?
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
jansman

Post by jansman »

scoobie wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:57 pm My counter to that would be, why would you not have it?
I am not saying don’t have it. It is about democratic choice. We HAVE to value freedoms. We have a situation now where government has seen how far they can push us,and get away with it.

I am not looking to persuade folks either way.

It’s reckoned by Breast Cancer UK ( as you know,my wife is a survivor) there will be an extra 6000 deaths from that wicked disease because of lockdown breast screening restrictions.That is just breast cancer... But we don’t have a lockdown for cancer ,which will affect HALF of us! 1 out of 2.

Can a prospective employer ask me if there is cancer in my family? After all, it will affect half his workforce.No he cannot. No jab,no job...?

Robert Frost.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Pandemic will be with us until EVERYONE on earth given Covid-19 vaccine, says Merkel after G7 summit

https://www.rt.com/news/516092-covid-va ... ld-merkel/

Really? Everyone?
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:15 pm I am not saying don’t have it. ....

Your posts don't come over that way, jansman, I have to say. Not to me, anyway.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 am
jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:15 pm I am not saying don’t have it. ....

Your posts don't come over that way, jansman, I have to say. Not to me, anyway.
Perhaps not,but the point I am ( obviously labouring :lol: ) to get over,is that we cannot discriminate. The restrictions we have had placed upon us must not become entrenched,nor extended.We are a truly democratic country,and it must stay that way.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

It's the labouring thing, I'm pretty sure :lol: thank you for putting that in :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:36 pm It's the labouring thing, I'm pretty sure :lol: thank you for putting that in :lol:
I believe in freedom. Some years ago I was wrongly arrested,and I was not treated at all well,to say the least.I spent 22 hours locked up and denied water,medication and toilet paper and handled a little’roughly’..As a young Royal Marine,we did POW training,and aside from being hooded and constantly sworn at and kicked,it was about the same.

Upon release I contacted the human rights organisation,Liberty.They helped me to sue Leicestershire Constabulary,and get my identity and DNA erased from government computers.I had done nothing wrong.I donated a good chunk of my rather substantial compensation to Liberty.

As a free Englishman, I don’t have to ‘prove’ who I am to a policeman.Unless that officer has reasonable suspicion of a crime.Therefore,it would follow that demanding proof of Covid-19 vaccination would constitute suspicion of a ‘crime’.

Currently,the population of Burma are laying down their lives for democracy. We take it for granted, and accept curbs on freedom. We don’t need to let that be extended.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:15 pm Can a prospective employer ask me if there is cancer in my family? After all, it will affect half his workforce.No he cannot. No jab,no job...?
Is cancer infectious?
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:44 pm As I said earlier,it ain’t that lethal to most. Have the vaccination,by all means,but NOT having it should not be a bar to earning a living.
110%. Was true a year ago. Even more truer now.

The stats are quite encouraging. The vaccine, even after a single dose, provides very good protection. Those that are vulnerable should have it. Those that mix with vulnerable people should have it or check that those they are mixing with have had it l.

I am no longer worried about visiting my father.