Who's getting the vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
diamond lil

Re: Who's getting the vaccine

Post by diamond lil »

Good to hear Jansman, one thing less for her to worry about. If it gives her peace of mind then it's a good thing.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

I’m 46 with no health issues and I got mine 12 days ago.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:59 am Good to hear Jansman, one thing less for her to worry about. If it gives her peace of mind then it's a good thing.
Got my first jab a week ago.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Got mine last week too . Anyone had any side effects? I had a bit of unsettled sleep the night after but no aches , pains or anything else. Mrs G seems to have the same problem with sleep although that might be down to other things. I ran into a friend yesterday , he had no side effects but his twin brother was sick for a couple of days.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

I had a 48 hour migraine after my first jab
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
korolev

Post by korolev »

My son and his GF had it last wednesday. They both felt terrible with headache and shivers on Thursday and very tired Friday.
Being a caring dad, I left it till Sunday to get them round and help me shift 800kg of ballast.
Prep M8

Post by Prep M8 »

Hi people,

Haven't been on for a while. Went through a marriage separation.

I got the vaccine 2 weeks ago. Had a really bad reaction to it. Was sweating although felt cold. constantly vomiting. couldn't take a sip of water. Was advised to make my way to A & E. When I got there I could hardly stand. Whilst being assessed I took What was described later on as an episode.

Woke up in resus with loads of people working on me. Was given a drip for fluids and anti sickness medicine. Staff in resus were amazing. very caring and compassionate. They said that I was unfortunately one off the 1 in 100.000 to have a nasty reaction to the vaccine.

Spent 24 hrs in hospital before being released.

Being allergic to penicillin and having accidentally been given it in the past. I know how you can react to allergies. But this vaccine was horrendous. I have never experienced anything like it. I'm just glad I made it to hospital in time. As a result of my reaction to it. I am reluctant to take up the 2nd dose. Thankfully my reaction to it is a rare event and the majority of people have no bad reactions like I did.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm sorry to hear the vaccination was so rough for you, and about your separation. Tough times.
Prep M8

Post by Prep M8 »

Thanks for the kind post. Tough times for a lot of people.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Prep M8 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 pm Thanks for the kind post. Tough times for a lot of people.
Hope you're better now

Which one did you have?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar