Who's getting the vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
Prep M8

Re: Who's getting the vaccine

Post by Prep M8 »

ForgeCorvus.

Much better now thanks. I had the Astrazeneca vaccine.

Actually when I think about it. everyone I know has had Astrazeneca. Has anybody had the Pfizer or Modena ??. When I phoned to ask which vaccine I would be getting. They advised me that they don't know which one due to them getting different deliveries on a daily basis.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Both of mine were Pfizer. First, no side effects, second bit snotty & headachy for 24hrs.
Better than the alternative I think ;-)
Prep M8

Post by Prep M8 »

Nurseandy.

Glad you had no serious side effects. Were you able to choose which vaccine to get.??
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

No, no choice. I think the majority of NHS staff in Scotland got Pfizer (certainly in my healthboard)
Prep M8

Post by Prep M8 »

I'm in West Central Scotland.
I think it is clearly a lottery as to who gets which vaccine. If stocks are available for a particular make, then that is what you will be given.

Cheers
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Seems to be something of a lottery with side affects too , even with siblings. A couple of male friends of mine ( brothers) had the AZ and both were fine but their sister was unwell for a couple of days. Another friend was fine but his twin brother was as sick as a pig. We've both had the AZ but my wife's sister has had the pfizer . She's only had the first but no reaction. A customer who is in her early 30's at best has had both pfizer jabs and was ill enough to need a couple of days off work after her second jab.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Nurseandy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:03 pm Both of mine were Pfizer. First, no side effects, second bit snotty & headachy for 24hrs.
Better than the alternative I think ;-)
Yeah, stuck on a Caribbean Island... :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

:lol: :lol:
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

The Pfizer vaccine is harder to store and is used at larger vaccination centres eg health centres. The Oxford one is easier to distribute so is used more at local sites eg chemists.

There was some chatter about Pfizer warranting that it could be stored safely doe a week or two at just -40’c rather than -60’c (dry-ice rather than upper cryogenic temps) but I lost track of that development.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Got my second one in Saturday
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island