Who's getting the vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
Arzosah

Re: Who's getting the vaccine

Post by Arzosah »

Le Mouse wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:47 am Me and Mum had ours (Oxford/AZ) together first thing Saturday morning. I felt a bit rubbish by evening, bit headachey and a little wobbly, so I took paracetamol and went to bed early. I felt a bit fragile yesterday. It seems to have exaggerated all the bits that ache as standard - in my case, I get regular neck and lower back pain. But I feel better today. Mum also felt rubbish and oh lord I hope she feels better today because I cannot cope with the hypochondria! :lol:

Like hobo, I'm seeing this as a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sick of being stuck inside and being scared to go for a walk because other people DO NOT distance round here! :evil:
Exactly the same for me - I was on paracetemol for 24 hours, when I could feel the headache coming back, I took more, I'm not going to feel like that for no reason. Definitely see this as the light at the end of the tunnel - people are better than they used to be round here in terms of distancing, but when there's groups of people on both pavements coming towards me, eg when I walk to the common, I tend to just walk in the middle of the road. Sometimes that's tricky :mrgreen:
Ara

Post by Ara »

OH had his last week and complained of aching - usual aches but more so. I'm quite far down the list but looking forward to getting out more and longing to visit family again.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

The "Stick of Truth" is the easiest way to ensure Social Distance.... More so if used in the correct manner (as shown below)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

I hope they hand sanatised the ends. :shock:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

They should be OK, they're both wearing masks and gloves
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Both parents and both in-laws have had a vaccine over the last few weeks. Zero side effects at all. Tiny bit of injection soreness but nothing worth a mention. All in their late 70s.

All had Oxford jab if that makes a difference.
Appin

Post by Appin »

Yesterday I got a text from GP offering vaccine. ( I am in group 6 due to diabetes).

Followed link to a national NHS site and booked for later on today. All booked in 5 minutes and at a place less than 2 miles away.

I'll let you know how I feel but my older brother had his a couple of weeks ago and all he noticed was a tender arm. ( He got Pfizer).

Fingers crossed.

Appin
hobo

Post by hobo »

Had Pfizer this morning. 6 mile stroll. Told I’d be offered a 2nd jab within 12 weeks. Suits me because we’ve decided to carry on as we are until sons get theirs.
Was a lovely experience. Quite emotional. Weird being amongst people!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Oh hobo - people?? eeek! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: We were the only ones in our GP surgery, not a people in sight!
jansman

Post by jansman »

It appears that my wife is group 6 ( means nowt to me) as she is a cancer survivor, so in theory, should be somewhere near the front of the current queue.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.