Who's getting the vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
jenny1

Re: Who's getting the vaccine

Post by jenny1 »

i had my first jab a couple of weeks ago. the only side effect was a sore shoulder that meant i couldn't sleep on my left for a couple of nights. I could still use the arm to chop wood!
Ara

Post by Ara »

Had the second dose today - now my arm is aching (same as after the first one). OH had his second last week so we are both up to date now. Looking forward to being able to visit family again!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Second vaccination on Thursday. Felt fine the rest of the day, felt **horrible** yesterday, and okay again today, to the extent that I managed to cook a rhubarb crumble (miraculous for me!)
Bad Wombat

Post by Bad Wombat »

2nd jab (pfizer) for me and Mrs Wombat yesterday. Nothing worse than a slightly sore arm.
Appin

Post by Appin »

Had my second (Pfizer) 10 days ago and felt knackered for days. Also my diabetes control went haywire.

Eldest son gets second tomorrow and Mrs Appin getting her second on Saturday. If she feels bad it wil be my fault.
tco-lincs

Post by tco-lincs »

Has anybody refused to have the jab yet? If so are you able to get it again in the future?
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

First jab of Pfizer yesterday afternoon. 24hrs have passed and no side effects other than a sore shoulder.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

tco-lincs wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm Has anybody refused to have the jab yet? If so are you able to get it again in the future?
My dad has turned it down. His reasoning being that he's survived Covid (he was hospitalised with it) and he figures that someone younger should have it. Apparently if he does change his mind, he is welcome to have a jab.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Le Mouse wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:29 pm
tco-lincs wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm Has anybody refused to have the jab yet? If so are you able to get it again in the future?
My dad has turned it down. His reasoning being that he's survived Covid (he was hospitalised with it) and he figures that someone younger should have it. Apparently if he does change his mind, he is welcome to have a jab.
My in laws are very elderly and frail. They declined.Reasoning - particularly dad- was that a bad reaction could kill him. He is that frail. They never leave the house anymore.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

The nursing home my mother in law is in phoned to ask permission to give the jab, she's 88, stroke victim and dementia but had no side effects to note, all residents/patients/staff are now fully vaccinated; even so all visitors are still being tested on site before allowed to see their family/loved one which is sensible.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.