Who's getting the vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
hobo

Re: Who's getting the vaccine

Post by hobo »

2nd one done and dusted. Don’t feel free. Bring on the booster.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Booked 2nd jab for me and Mum for week Saturday.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I volunteered to be steward at the local centre - First day there nurse comes out at the end of the shift.

The Nurse asks who has not had the jab? Two of us put our hands up and she said come with me. They had two left so job done though side affects for a few days.

Now waiting on 2nd jab.
peejay

Post by peejay »

A friends father (diabetic & heart issues etc.) had a serious eye issue recently resulting in permanent blindness in one eye, caused by a blood clot in his optic nerve. Found out today that the doctors treating him have said they're now 100% certain the clot was caused by the vaccine (AZ) so they're now VERY interested in him & watching him closely.

They still state that his odds are still greater than if he hadn't had the vaccine, given his genera (lack of) health. He's had both doses now anyway and I have to say, the extreme odds of having a clot still wouldn't put me off getting my second dose.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

peejay wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 pm They still state that his odds are still greater than if he hadn't had the vaccine
Lost an eye though :roll:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

peejay wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 pm A friends father (diabetic & heart issues etc.) had a serious eye issue recently resulting in permanent blindness in one eye, caused by a blood clot in his optic nerve.
Anecdotal i know but a good proportion of the people i know who have either been ill with covid or have suffered side effects with the vaccine have been diabetic. To my layman's mind there seems a correlation at least.
peejay

Post by peejay »

grenfell wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:23 am
peejay wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 pm A friends father (diabetic & heart issues etc.) had a serious eye issue recently resulting in permanent blindness in one eye, caused by a blood clot in his optic nerve.
Anecdotal i know but a good proportion of the people i know who have either been ill with covid or have suffered side effects with the vaccine have been diabetic. To my layman's mind there seems a correlation at least.
I don't think I personally know anyone that has been REALLY ill with it. My OH felt pretty crappy from it but never to the point of fearing needing treatment.

(And comment to pseudo - I'd still rather lose an eye than a life I reckon).
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

My anecdotal "evidence " comes from a somewhat limited pool. Despite the reports of tens of thousands of cases i know perhaps a dozen or so who had definitely had covid and probably the same who think they may have had it but were never even tested. Of this handful 3 or 4 were diabetic and only two were hospitalised and certainly no deaths.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

When I had the first vaccine at the end of Feb ( I'm listed as my adult daughter's carer at the GPs), I had only had Covid 5 weeks before so the doc warned me I'd feel pretty lousy and I sure did that night. Felt really ill, didn't know what to do with myself, temperature, aches etc however the next day I just felt exhausted like you do when getting over a bad virus and then the following day I woke up and felt as energetic as a spring lamb! Think I should be on target to get the second one next month, just waiting from the GP text so I can book it. I suspect I won't feel so ill this time.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

PreppingPingu wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:57 pm When I had the first vaccine at the end of Feb ( I'm listed as my adult daughter's carer at the GPs), I had only had Covid 5 weeks before so the doc warned me I'd feel pretty lousy and I sure did that night. Felt really ill, didn't know what to do with myself, temperature, aches etc however the next day I just felt exhausted like you do when getting over a bad virus and then the following day I woke up and felt as energetic as a spring lamb! Think I should be on target to get the second one next month, just waiting from the GP text so I can book it. I suspect I won't feel so ill this time.
I had my second one yesterday and apart from the very slightest of an ache in my arm, I feel fine. I felt fairly rubbish after the first one.