Book flu jab with Lloyds Pharmacy

Medical and Healthcare
Le Mouse

Book flu jab with Lloyds Pharmacy

Post by Le Mouse »

I've just spotted that you can book your flu jab in with Lloyds Pharmacy for appointments after 14 September:

https://lloydspharmacy.com/pages/flu-vaccination

It also looks like you can book in with Boots as well, but I can't see what dates they have without booking for myself! :lol: https://www.boots.com/online/pharmacy-s ... b-services

Hope this is helpful to someone whose doctors doesn't get the jabs in for flippin' ages (like mine!)
Lemne

Re: Book flu jab with Lloyds Pharmacy

Post by Lemne »

I have the flu jab every year due to diabetes but am really not sure this year that they won't be fiddling with it. It doesn't seem many people are taking up the vaccine trials and I don't want to be an unwitting lab rat. Hubs usually pays to get it as well and I must say that since we've been doing it we've had very few colds. Not sure that's enough though.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Lemne wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:02 am I have the flu jab every year due to diabetes but am really not sure this year that they won't be fiddling with it. It doesn't seem many people are taking up the vaccine trials and I don't want to be an unwitting lab rat. Hubs usually pays to get it as well and I must say that since we've been doing it we've had very few colds. Not sure that's enough though.
That's a very good point. I don't know though if there would be enough time to alter the composition of the vaccine for this year - I found the recommended contents list for this year here: https://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/ ... _north/en/. If there's appointments in a month's time, I doubt that's enough time to change all the planned dosages that have been produced since February with whatever covid vaccine is being tested at the moment.
bobble

Post by bobble »

My grandad was born in early 1890s and lived through the 1918 Spanish Flu. He kept a cutting from a newspaper in his "man box" about cinnamon warding off the flu. Apparently, people noticed that cinnamon factory workers in London never got the flu, even when members of their families had the disease. It was thought that there must be something in cinnamon that killed the flu bug. Might be worth keeping in mind and maybe in preps?
He had another newspaper cutting about a bloke from the Midlands who generated electricity to light his house using " an everyday item which could be bought for a few pence from the grocers". (grandads note - salt?) The govt sent some inspectors to his home to see a demonstration and nothing more was heard about it...!
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

bobble wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:14 am My grandad was born in early 1890s and lived through the 1918 Spanish Flu. He kept a cutting from a newspaper in his "man box" about cinnamon warding off the flu. Apparently, people noticed that cinnamon factory workers in London never got the flu, even when members of their families had the disease. It was thought that there must be something in cinnamon that killed the flu bug. Might be worth keeping in mind and maybe in preps?
I keep a batch of 'Thieves' essential oil blend made up and that has cinnamon in it. There is some evidence that 'hot' oils like cinnamon can kill lurgies like flu. I'll still try to get the flu jab though!