Bursitis of the knee

Medical and Healthcare
Yorkshire Andy

Bursitis of the knee

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Spent the morning washing the car and attempting to bleed the brakes up (replacing the fluid is a 5 yearly job by the service document)

Had lunch did some cleaning then set to walk to my parents for a BBQ... Felt a twinge in my knee... 2 hours later I'm sat at the NHS walk In place in agony

Perscribed antibiotics electronic perception sent to local supermarket pharmacy... Got there .... We don't have any grrrrrr

Rung 2 other local ISH ones nope none there

Found a place 15 miles away and they've put me a box on one side for me to collect tomorrow morning ...... With the print out the supermarket pharmacy gave me.. he couldn't even give me a lead time on when they would get stock
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Lemne

Re: Bursitis of the knee

Post by Lemne »

I've had this a few times so I can sympathise. Couple of times anti inflams, ice and elevate have worked but the last time it had to be drained. Thankfully since then its never returned but I don't kneel anymore where poss. Hope you are feeling better soon and get your meds.
redskies

Post by redskies »

I've had arthritis & bursitis, at the same time, in my hip, it bloody hurts, so much empathy.

This stuff - https://www.turmericlife.com.au/blogs/r ... lden-paste - helped no end with the bursitis. The arthritis took a bit longer to figure out, diet in the end, but Golden Paste is incredibly effective, I'd recommend it. The site has all the information about which other drugs it's safe with etc.
korolev

Post by korolev »

I've had bursitis in the hip three times and each time I had a steroid injection.
The first time it made no difference and the problem cleared up in a few weeks, the second time it hurt like hell over the weekend but was gone by monday and the third time there was no pain from the injection and it cleared up the next day.
redskies

Post by redskies »

korolev wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:25 am I've had bursitis in the hip three times and each time I had a steroid injection.
The first time it made no difference and the problem cleared up in a few weeks, the second time it hurt like hell over the weekend but was gone by monday and the third time there was no pain from the injection and it cleared up the next day.

I had two injections, the second one cos the consultant missed first time :roll:

I wanted a longer term solution, which for me started with the golden paste and ended with changing nutrition to a diet with absolute minimal inflammation associated with it. I'm six years down the road now, no pain, no stick to walk, just the odd ache when the weather changes, which I'm happy with.