First aid training

Medical and Healthcare
jansman

Re: First aid training

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:36 pm Yes I agree about it been the worst thing to set up and "deal" with primary reason is as you'll be well aware is the very low chance of recovery without a AED .. suppose knowing you had one at hand was a small relief even though in the end you didn't need it....

Im not fussed by gore as long as it's not me :lol: ..

Think I mentioned a while back to you privately about Mrs A carrying out resuscitation in our street on a elderly lady who she bought a couple of extra days for her family to say their goodbyes .... And wound up with flowers and thank you card been delivered to her work from her family .. then a award from work and a bottle of champagne (national firm saw it make them look good)

Least you will alway have the knowledge that you've kissed the boss of ever you want to embarrass him :twisted:
You couldn’t embarrass that man. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

jansman wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:57 am
The very reason I got trained was because about four years ago,the grandfather of my daughters ex husband had a heart attack one Sunday morning.His son lived next door,and came to help mum,but neither knew what to do,and sadly,he did not survive. I didn’t want to be in that situation.

Yorkshire Andy: I got a message from the boss’s son last night.He’s doing ok,but he does have a couple of cracked ribs!
A colleague from work did her first aid after her own father dropped dead at the dinner table and her hospital-working-very-first-aid-trained husband couldn't save him. I think she feels that if she's trained too, then she has at least some control over a situation like that and can at least *try*. I got trained for much less prosaic reasons - I work with students and they have a tendency to keel over at certain times of year. Plus I live alone and i think it's just sensible to have an idea of what to do if I cut myself badly or something.

Cracked ribs: I thought that was a sign you'd pressed hard enough! :lol:

This all reminds me that I'm probably due a refresher training session soon.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Yorkshire Andy: I got a message from the boss’s son last night.He’s doing ok,but he does have a couple of cracked ribs!

Don't get anyone to make him laugh :lol:

You could always blame the dive instructor ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:54 am

Don't get anyone to make him laugh :lol:

You could always blame the dive instructor ;)
No problem there… he doesn’t laugh!!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.