B12 injections

Medical and Healthcare
dizzydays

Re: B12 injections

Post by dizzydays »

Update - just for info

I contacted public health who were not best pleased and said they would contact the surgery. Surgery manager has just phoned me and said I can go on Monday for the injection. Result!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

GOOD!!
jansman

Post by jansman »

dizzydays wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:58 pm Update - just for info

I contacted public health who were not best pleased and said they would contact the surgery. Surgery manager has just phoned me and said I can go on Monday for the injection. Result!
Good. As it should be. My wife has medical issues, sidelined by what seems to be the only medical issue on the planet, like yourself. Stay well.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Result!
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

GillyBee wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:01 pmResult!
Yes, am pleased. But it has given me pause just how quickly they deemed a medication non essential for the whole country. Also certain cancer treatments /tests that have been designated able to wait. I was also shocked that dentists closed so quickly. And the whole loo roll saga was something else! Definitely a few things to think about while we have a bit of a lull..
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Yes, definitely good for thought. A colleague of mine has spent weeks in pain because he couldn't get to a dentist. Meanwhile MrG suffers chronic pain and is mulling how he'd cope if painkillers were in short supply.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

This isn’t a helpful comment given your circumstances but prepping for medication is fairly high on my list.

This ranges from sanitary products, first aid, through painkillers. And then into antibiotics and creams, drops etc that would likely be unavailable in a crisis.

I need a quarterly injection. My wife and I both trained to administer it, and we obtained stocks (which I hope we don’t need to use and throw away at expiry) just in case we needed to self administer.

Not everyone would have the comfort or risk-appetite to do the same, but it is possible to prep for even prescription medications if motivated.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I have to say things re the GPs up here have been fine. No shortages no problems at all. But the dentists closed sharpish which I think is awful. I've got Addisons Disease and need daily steroids for life, if I miss them for 2 weeks then I'm dead. Also need an emergency injection in case I go into an adrenal crisis - no problem getting that either. Husband got his B12 and heart meds without drama.
But it def did make me think like you dizzydays - how fast things can change. How the normal and secure can melt overnight. Won't forget that :evil:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:53 am I have to say things re the GPs up here have been fine. No shortages no problems at all. But the dentists closed sharpish which I think is awful. I've got Addisons Disease and need daily steroids for life, if I miss them for 2 weeks then I'm dead. Also need an emergency injection in case I go into an adrenal crisis - no problem getting that either. Husband got his B12 and heart meds without drama.
But it def did make me think like you dizzydays - how fast things can change. How the normal and secure can melt overnight. Won't forget that :evil:
The dentists closing has been the real issue for me, my daughter ( we both have broken tooth) and my wife especially. She has a broken tooth and a loose crown. She has had two vicious infections and a lot of pain, but thankfully our dentist was able to prescribe antibiotics. Fortunately, I have a good supply of über painkillers as I suffer terrible chronic back pain. I know that other folks shouldn’t take your prescriptions, but in a crisis, you do what you can. On top of that, Mrs J lost her second of three operations. Thankfully the second and third are post cancer, and reconstruction interventions. Sadly, the mental repercussions are real.

One of our neighbours is a mental health nurse, and they are expecting an avalanche of cases. It’s going to take a lot of catch up time to get back to ‘normal’.

Dizzydays, I am glad you got your treatment.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.