Now More Than Ever..

Medical and Healthcare
diamond lil

Now More Than Ever..

Post by diamond lil »

Now we really need to be preppers more than ever before. It seems that so many are not getting ambulances or not getting into A&E for many hours. Not so bad up here as it's rural and not densely populated, but the groups I'm in on FB have really worrying stories now. I have Addisons Disease and if you are ill - even a bad cold or tummy upset - you can very quickly end up in Adrenal Crisis which doesnt give you much time. A few members of the Addy group have had very near shaves recently and one is dead. Likewise with other groups, even the knitters. Stories of emergencies and hospital nightmares :evil: Be careful Preppers, keep home remedies handy and know how to look after yourselves.
Vitamin c

Re: Now More Than Ever..

Post by Vitamin c »

The government have had 2yrs now to provide more doctors and nurses,paramedics but how many extra have thay started training above the normal number also the doctors appointments scandal leading to one party in a local by election having as a policy of returning to the way it was making me thing that this won't change anytime soon .

We pay but don't receive.
Fill er up jacko...
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

My local A&E is in 'crisis' at the moment. We've been told not to go to A&E unless basically you are dying. There's going to be a lot of people too worried to go even when they really should :(
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Lil, that's awful to hear about your group member. I've been thinking about the same problem - the NHS is either full or actively collapsing, we have to work extra hard at keeping ourselves active/alert/well.
daylen

Post by daylen »

I've had the same thoughts about health. My sister waited over a year for an "urgent" and lifesaving operation!
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

I synpathise with all of the above our hospitals are also in crisis husbands leukeamia is now incurable he couldn't access any treatment in lockdown and its past the stage of any help now
Rang and rang the cancer clinic couldnt get through...spoke with GP over the phone eventually who told me theyve had to disconnect the lines so no incoming calls to the clinics as they can now only deal with the backlog and people they can help and as hes so far down the line now thats it
Fortunately hes of the mind set of" im ignoring this as much as I can because there's nothing we can do .."
And we will make do .. we are preppers .. !
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

GeeGee wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:43 pm I synpathise with all of the above our hospitals are also in crisis husbands leukeamia is now incurable he couldn't access any treatment in lockdown and its past the stage of any help now
Rang and rang the cancer clinic couldnt get through...spoke with GP over the phone eventually who told me theyve had to disconnect the lines so no incoming calls to the clinics as they can now only deal with the backlog and people they can help and as hes so far down the line now thats it
Fortunately hes of the mind set of" im ignoring this as much as I can because there's nothing we can do .."
And we will make do .. we are preppers .. !
Oh GeeGee, I'm so sorry to hear this about your husband's leukaemia. Is there any treatment anyone *can* offer you? A rellie of mine was told his cancer was inoperable - too close to the spinal cord - but they targeted it with lasers, and currently the problem is solved. But that was pre-pandemic. It sounds like they've literally written him off, since he's so far down the line as you say, can you appeal that decision somehow? Is your MP any good?
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Arzosah thank you
Been down that route our own MP has a relative thst is also in a position as this and has been good but unfortunatly cant make a difference
Some people have paid privately for various stuff but as the leukeamia is blood cancer there is nothing to target
Some chemo may have helped shrink the massive spleen etc but it was a perfect storm with covid and the timing of the leukeamia stage
I've been rummaging through the herbal books on how to keep the immune system healthy and making various meals he has raised eyebrows at but dutifully eaten as well as the immune boosting drinks
We arent giving up yet
The chemo is now offered to people who may survive and the scans and blood tests again for the ones they can help
We will help ourselves .....
shocker

Post by shocker »

I cannot suggest any kind of panacea, but Mrs Shocks ( a health professional) insists on extra vitamins D3 and K2 as most people in UK have low vit D. Also zinc. These, she says, greatly help things on a cellular level.

There has been research, somewhat fringe, that body pH has a significant effect on cancers. The suggestion is taking extra bicarbonate of soda in the diet.

Before anyone jumps on me for being a conspiracy theorist, I offer these as a possible basis for your own research.

I am not a doctor and don't give health advice so don't take my word for any of this.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
SamVimes

Post by SamVimes »

shocker wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:06 am I cannot suggest any kind of panacea, but Mrs Shocks ( a health professional) insists on extra vitamins D3 and K2 as most people in UK have low vit D. Also zinc. These, she says, greatly help things on a cellular level.

There has been research, somewhat fringe, that body pH has a significant effect on cancers. The suggestion is taking extra bicarbonate of soda in the diet.

Before anyone jumps on me for being a conspiracy theorist, I offer these as a possible basis for your own research.

I am not a doctor and don't give health advice so don't take my word for any of this.
A multivitamin is rarely a bad idea given most peoples diet.
The body regulates itself into a tiny range of acceptable pH. I doubt bicarb will do any more than make you burp.