Home security

Homes and Retreats
jansman

Re: Home security

Post by jansman »

Top end of our gaff has a 7’ wall.We have had intruders over in the past. One notable occasion,my collie/ greyhound lurcher ‘apprehended’ a scumbag coming over one dark night. What a dog! He has been gone some 20 years now. Instead, a fillet of mortar with broken glass on top has done the trick. YES I KNOW it’s illegal. So is burglary. Works for me. ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Home security

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:48 pm Top end of our gaff has a 7’ wall.We have had intruders over in the past. One notable occasion,my collie/ greyhound lurcher ‘apprehended’ a scumbag coming over one dark night. What a dog! He has been gone some 20 years now. Instead, a fillet of mortar with broken glass on top has done the trick. YES I KNOW it’s illegal. So is burglary. Works for me. ;)
Remember a old school sergeant who paid a visit as someone was knocking gray tree rats out of his parents dwarf fruit trees with a .22 and some animal lover ex councilor that looked over their large garden objected and started up some right jackanory tails to the point initially we had the firearms out.. then the local inspector then the sergeant who got progressively more bored of attending... As they knew what was going on that and my dad used to DJ their Christmas parties (and had some notorious nights one night he fell down the stairs and ruptured several major tendons to the point he was groin to big toe in plaster and even in the late 80's they were panicking he would put a claim in :lol: ...

Their garden backs onto a public park with a stout fence (suitable back stop for a .22 pellet at about a 40m range on one visit I test fired at about 5m into a spare bit of timber the fence was made from Infront of the fire arms lads and it didn't even get half way through so they left happy)

Old sergeant enjoyed a cup of tea and KitKat reliving the good old days and the wpc who got drunk and stripped on the snooker table sort of antics much to the absolute disgust of the young wpc he was "puppy walking"

Now dad been dad had a 8ft scaffolding pole which he used to coil some old docksboard barbed wire into nice neat tight coils... On seeing that the wpc starts to pipe up... Old sergeant turns looks her dead in the eye. And says. Well if they get over the hedge at the other side and climb the 7 foot fence they deserve all they get :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine