Derbyshire Woodland. Potential little community?

Homes and Retreats
Alf_resco.

Derbyshire Woodland. Potential little community?

Post by Alf_resco. »

So here is a thought.
Would anyone be interested in forming a little community around 6 acres of woodland in Derbyshire?

Rough plan would mean community members get 24/7 access to the woods to explore wild camping skills, bushcraft and anything else whilst at the same time as building a little community.
We'd work towards creating a little central main camp space, but also have the freedom to try survial skills and be 'lone wolves' if wanted.

We'd be looking at a maximum of 20 people wanting to be part of the community in order to balance the freedom of the woodland but also that community like mindedness too.

Having 24/7 access 365 days a year means sometimes lone camping and the freedom of the wilds will be there, along with other times there will be people to connect with.

Monthly small financial commitment to secure community membership and access and cover cost of woodland lease.

Simple group convenant to ensure harmonious relations. (potential to build a thunderdoom to work out the kinks.. "two may enter, one may leave.." *amended quote to be PC...)

For me, this is a serious opportunity. Many may pull it a part and find problem with the concept, but at the same time, like minds would see the potential.

Drop me a message if you would like to chat direct rather than topic/group conversations.

Genuinely looking forward to hearing from interested parties.
DO NOT READ THE SENTENCE BELOW.

Oooh you rebel...
Arwen Thebard

Re: Derbyshire Woodland. Potential little community?

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Hi Alf Resco,

I dont think you can use the PMs system until you have ten posts.

In the meantime I have forwarded your post onto certain "interested" parties. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Alf_resco.

Post by Alf_resco. »

Thats great, Thanks.
I saw your post about communities, but it seems locked so couldn't jump in.

Oooh you rebel...
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

You would only be allowed to stay for 28 days a year legally. That wouldn't work out many nights if you had a few folks. Planners use drones now so there's no such thing as going under the radar anymore. Also somebody will likely take exception and grass you up before long.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I thought you were allowed to stay on site longer than 28 days if you were "working" your land? ;)

Sounds like enough time to me and who is going to keep a head count of who is coming and going. I think the jobs worth bizzies at the local council offices will have more serious issues on their hands soon frankly.
Arwen The Bard

Lemne

Post by Lemne »

If you have facebook this is a really great group with lots of information on what you can and can't do on land you own.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165257537628204/

Very few people have, and after a long planning battle, been given permission to work their land as a means to staying on it.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I dont use facebook. There are plenty of people and places that are just getting on and doing their bush craft thing on land without any hassle
Arwen The Bard

Lemne

Post by Lemne »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:20 pm I dont use facebook. There are plenty of people and places that are just getting on and doing their bush craft thing on land without any hassle
I was referring this to the original poster.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

OK that wasn't clear as it followed my post. :D
Arwen The Bard

Alf_resco.

Post by Alf_resco. »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:20 pm I dont use facebook. There are plenty of people and places that are just getting on and doing their bush craft thing on land without any hassle
I thought about that. But I like the idea of having my own spot and I'm sure others too I'm sure may appreciate the fact there is something to create and make and be part of rather than a continual caravan of destinations.

I think, for me at least, It's more than just bush craft, It's an extension of self. Part of the personal journey, You get me?

Oooh you rebel...