Derbyshire Woodland. Potential little community?

Homes and Retreats
Arwen Thebard

Re: Derbyshire Woodland. Potential little community?

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I totally understand.

I had thought you were planning a bug out location, somewhere you could all meet up in a SHTF scenario and somewhere you could all train and practice in the meantime until Mad-Max arrives. :D

If you are thinking of something more permanent, then Lemme is almost certainly right, if you wanted to create a fixed base community, living on the site, then you would be facing an uphill bureaucratic struggle / nightmare.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

I watched an old episode of Grand designs. The was a couple who wanted a self-sufficient house in the woods bug could not get past the red tape. They bought a crumbling farm house and rebuilt their dream home and the planted the forest arround it. Years later you would of never guess. It wax amazing and you would not know it was there. Also they said other than the real old-timers, people seemed to forget there was even a house there. Maybe doing something like that would work for you.

Also I know you said that this was not a religious thing but the is a BBC documentary on iPlayer about the Bruderhof (Inside the Bruderhof). I'd never head of them and found it interesting. The big thing was that they still needed to make money!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00071xr

H
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi, is this project still being thought about? I live in greater Manchester and I would love to join a community.

Rob
Alf_resco.

Post by Alf_resco. »

Rob wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:10 pm Hi, is this project still being thought about? I live in greater Manchester and I would love to join a community.

Rob
The woods got sold to someone else.
Currently considering an old quarry now...
DO NOT READ THE SENTENCE BELOW.

Oooh you rebel...