Would You Consider Joining A Prepper Inspired Community?

Homes and Retreats
Lone

Re: Would You Consider Joining A Prepper Inspired Community?

Post by Lone »

Personally, I wouldn’t like to step into the shoes of an ousted leader, to await the occasion I am then ousted and replaced, as I do believe such things are on a sort of loop, once the circle is complete, it repeats itself, in this case, with a new leader until the next loop, and so on

I understand a community might not work leaderless, instead trusting in the whole community making decisions, but unless you can guarantee the results will be unanimous each time, someone is going to be upset

It is all these things put me off...as we see right now...crises change people...people some may have thought better of being of strong character and determination, but these traits likely only demonstrated in what we would call a normal scenario...not a pandemic or civil unrest
omega man

Post by omega man »

Ever since everyone got offended this all feels miles away from the original post...

Was the concept not a loosely connected group within our existing society, members within a 'helpful distance' of each other, trading skills and possibly consumables/produce etc? The occasional social get-together thrown in.

Individuals leading a similar life to now but with a team of, shall we say 'useful friends' to give them an edge over the masses. Or did I read it wrong?

We seem to have gone from the realistic to fantasy, Surely there are no areas in the UK where community isolation proper would even be possible in 2020.

OM
Lone

Post by Lone »

It’s all part of the greater whole...a community when first formed will evolve, maybe losing its original structure, it can’t possibly remain the same throughout, to many variants.

Challenges change, people and relationships, etc., in a way it is all just fantasy using guesswork on how things may ultimately play out.

I know I’m only guessing going by what I’ve seen read...but never truly looked beyond going solo
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am now going to lock this topic, as I think it has run its course
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.