corona virus and the safety of your home.

Homes and Retreats
Arwen Thebard

Re: corona virus and the safety of your home.

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"I don’t disagree with your fence spikes and barbed wire, but just a note to add. If a intruder injured themselves on said defences they can actually take you to court. Ridiculous I know but just putting it out there."

Yeah, we had the same discussion and advice on here some time ago when I first put them in, but I should point out that if they get to the bear spikes they have already made if through the rose bushes. 8-)
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:24 pm "I don’t disagree with your fence spikes and barbed wire, but just a note to add. If a intruder injured themselves on said defences they can actually take you to court. Ridiculous I know but just putting it out there."

Yeah, we had the same discussion and advice on here some time ago when I first put them in, but I should point out that if they get to the bear spikes they have already made if through the rose bushes. 8-)
Very valid point there! Some natural defenders like rose bushes etc can be the best kind
@Homehardening_uk
jansman

Post by jansman »

Total bollocks! We have RAZOR wire on the walls at work,and I have broken glass on the wall at the top of the yard.Break in,suffer the consequences.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

I totally agree, it is bull! If someone tries to break and enter I believe home/business owners should be able to defend their properties.
Just something I read a while back regarding them trying to take owners to court for injuries, I found it quite amusing
@Homehardening_uk
Raven

Post by Raven »

We actually studied this case at college when I did a Scottish Law unit.

Thief broke window into house, silent alarm woke couple upstairs and man came down with a bat. The thief cut their hand when they were rushing to escape the home owner brandishing the bat in an effort to scare them off.

The thief was caught and later arrested for breaking in, but their solicitor managed to get them to sue the homeowner for obtaining the injury. The thief successfully sued the homeowner for “loss of earnings” whilst their hand healed.

Absolute madness. And they say we are the crazy ones!
Keep calm & carry on PREPPING :twisted: