TEOTWAWKI / Survival Movies

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
grenfell

Re: TEOTWAWKI / Survival Movies

Post by grenfell »

Ragdolly wrote:Has anyone watched the new film NOAH with Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, etc! Ultimate survival movie.

I though it was ok.
Strange film I thought. A biblical epic without Charlton Heston just doesn't seem right :lol:
I did find the description of creation amusing as it clearly showed evolution and no mention of god only "the creator" . Plus Russell Crowe mumbles too much .
Steve20vt

Post by Steve20vt »

I liked the non religious content of Noah. There was a definite nod to alternative theories in the scenes of the "old" gold mines and pipe work.
Stray2

Post by Stray2 »

Holomon wrote:
Decaff wrote:
Holomon wrote:Just started watching Revolution on Netflix, they only have Series 1 at the moment, and that's on the US version so you'll need to make your computer pretend you're over there to watch it.

It's about life after electricity going off and never coming back on again. Only watched one so far but it's already got me hooked.
I watched blackout recently which was fab and makes you think even with all your prepps . I also just read a good book called Nine Meals by Mike Milroy. Worth a read. Also good is Biblical by Christopher Galt. Not a bible type book by the way!! ;)

Is Netflix free?? Only have free view, so not a subscriber to pay TV, enough crap without paying for more!! :lol:
No it's a paid subscription I'm afraid, mind you I get my money's worth as we can have 3 different things on at once fro one account.
I'll check those books out, I can't get enough good books!
After reading your post, I downloaded Nine Meals, and so far it is very good and very readable! Cheers!
Stray2

Post by Stray2 »

P. S Was only two quid as well which was a cheeky little kindle bonus!
1234Alive

Post by 1234Alive »

I quite like 28 Days later (not fussed on 28 weeks later though)
Waterbaby

Post by Waterbaby »

I've recently enjoyed "Goodbye World" and "Aftermath".
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

Has anyone seen 'When the Wind Blows'

Its about an old(ish) couple who live in the country and get caught up in the Cold War going hot.

Its made by the same people as 'The Snowman' but its truly horrible watching these two try and deal with nuclear winter with no real clue of what's just happened.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Cernunnos

Post by Cernunnos »

Watched "Snowpiercer" a while back, didnt seem a bad film.
Synopsis-Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.
http://www.thedarehub.com/tv/watch/snowpiercer-2013
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Vebi wrote:I can't say Noah, floated my boat :mrgreen: . It was not as good as I expected.

worst "big budget" film I have seen for a long time , shame as I was looking forward to it as a Russel Crowe fan :cry:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Captain Darling wrote:Has anyone seen 'When the Wind Blows'

Its about an old(ish) couple who live in the country and get caught up in the Cold War going hot.

Its made by the same people as 'The Snowman' but its truly horrible watching these two try and deal with nuclear winter with no real clue of what's just happened.
Yep.
Once you get over the format its well worth watching..... In fact part of the reason its as harrowing as it is, is because its animated in the same way as the rather 'fluffy' Snowman.

See this nice couple? Well, despite them doing what the Gov. tell them to. They are both going to die in a truely horrible way.

I know that this isn't going to sit well on a Prep-site, but there are some things you don't really want to survive. Living through a Nuclear blast only to be terminally irradiated is one of those things.

The film "And I alone survived" is based on a true story of a plane crash in 1976, it shows that just refusing to quit is important.

Old school, Day of the Triffids. Either the book or the 1981 BBC series
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar