TEOTWAWKI / Survival Movies

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Decaff

Re: TEOTWAWKI / Survival Movies

Post by Decaff »

I used to love horror films, the goriest, bloodiest, disgusting films you could watch. But never ever zombie films, they are a step too far for me, can almost smell the rotting flesh when you see them. Hate!!!! :shock:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

Just started watching Revolution on Netflix, they only have Series 1 at the moment, and that's on the US version so you'll need to make your computer pretend you're over there to watch it.

It's about life after electricity going off and never coming back on again. Only watched one so far but it's already got me hooked.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Holomon wrote:Just started watching Revolution on Netflix, they only have Series 1 at the moment, and that's on the US version so you'll need to make your computer pretend you're over there to watch it.

It's about life after electricity going off and never coming back on again. Only watched one so far but it's already got me hooked.
I watched blackout recently which was fab and makes you think even with all your prepps . I also just read a good book called Nine Meals by Mike Milroy. Worth a read. Also good is Biblical by Christopher Galt. Not a bible type book by the way!! ;)

Is Netflix free?? Only have free view, so not a subscriber to pay TV, enough crap without paying for more!! :lol:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

Decaff wrote:
Holomon wrote:Just started watching Revolution on Netflix, they only have Series 1 at the moment, and that's on the US version so you'll need to make your computer pretend you're over there to watch it.

I watched blackout recently which was fab and makes you think even with all your prepps . I also just read a good book called Nine Meals by Mike Milroy. Worth a read. Also good is Biblical by Christopher Galt. Not a bible type book by the way!! ;)

Is Netflix free?? Only have free view, so not a subscriber to pay TV, enough crap without paying for more!! :lol:
No it's a paid subscription I'm afraid, mind you I get my money's worth as we can have 3 different things on at once fro one account.
I'll check those books out, I can't get enough good books!
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Watched Contagion again last night

Mmmmm, must step up stashing!
Knowledge is power
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Stasher wrote:Watched Contagion again last night

Mmmmm, must step up stashing!
I felt like that after watching blackout! I need to get some under the kick boards boxes but having to wait as my landlord is going to put a new kitchen in and it would be rather embarrassing if I had trays of food under there, would give away opsec I think! Also rearranged my tins into cubby holes of fruit, meat, veg, dry goods etc and I appear to have rather a lot of fruits and need more veg, except for peas... I have lots of them as they were on offer. Going to fit a bookcase into my only big cupboard in the hall for more food/water and cover this with a curtain so its not on display. My son seems to be on board with me now and he has given me the other half of one if his double wardrobes just for stashing in, the price? A whole box of 30 packs of curry noodles :lol:
strayed

Post by strayed »

Jericho is an awesome show where EMPS have knocked all technlogy out except in a few areas in the US.
Ragdolly

Post by Ragdolly »

Has anyone watched the new film NOAH with Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, etc! Ultimate survival movie.

I though it was ok.
Vebi

Post by Vebi »

I can't say Noah, floated my boat :mrgreen: . It was not as good as I expected.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Watched this ( well , still watching it :D ) on sky and entertaining but not what I'd call the best . In general it is a good concept but the details spoil it for me , such things as the main characters having totally charmed lives and always looking their best even though they never seem to change their clothes :lol: and a total disregard as to the size of America , walking from the North East to Texas in what seems like a couple of days. I won't spoil the plot for you but if you can put up with the troubles between various " republics" we find out the cause of the blackout and while it does get almost shoved into a sub plot role it is , to me at least , far more interesting.