TEOTWAWKI / Survival Movies

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
omega man

Re: TEOTWAWKI / Survival Movies

Post by omega man »

rickoshea

Post by rickoshea »

Threads (1984ish) for depression and sleepless nights.
I quite like the walking dead, less zombies now, more coping with the aftermath.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Just got round to watching or rather attempting to watch World War Z. What an absolute bag of crap . I managed a little over half an hour then fast forwarded through the rest of it. Also caught a bit of that after earth and though watchable at best but nothing fantastic .
Independance Day was another one that is in my top ten god awful films.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

grenfell wrote:Just got round to watching or rather attempting to watch World War Z. What an absolute bag of crap .
The book is much, much better and nothing at all like the film.....
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

A very common statement , I've lost count of how many times that has been said about a film of any genre .
redskies

Post by redskies »

grenfell wrote:Just got round to watching or rather attempting to watch World War Z. What an absolute bag of crap . I managed a little over half an hour then fast forwarded through the rest of it. Also caught a bit of that after earth and though watchable at best but nothing fantastic .
Independance Day was another one that is in my top ten god awful films.

It was the teeth. The scientist at the end *shudders*

I don't know why, not something that would usually bother me. He needs a slap in the face. With a shovel!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Did anybody see The Divide on Film4 a couple of days ago? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535616/?re ... lmg_act_28

I watched it to see how Michael Biehn and Rosanna Arquette are doing ...they were good enough, but I didn't care about any of the characters, even theirs, so I kept on fast forwarding through :mrgreen:
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

got news for you peeps their all a work of fiction, wont be anything like that in reality, more like what Selco went through in the Yugoslav war.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

lonewolf wrote:got news for you peeps their all a work of fiction, wont be anything like that in reality, more like what Selco went through in the Yugoslav war.
What on earth makes you think anyone believes that these works of fiction would be anything approaching the truth?
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Arzosah wrote:
lonewolf wrote:got news for you peeps their all a work of fiction, wont be anything like that in reality, more like what Selco went through in the Yugoslav war.
What on earth makes you think anyone believes that these works of fiction would be anything approaching the truth?
sorry, I thought this was a preppers site not a film club.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.