SHTF,Survival Bootcamp

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
jansman

SHTF,Survival Bootcamp

Post by jansman »

Bought the kindle version of this book,by Selco Bergovic and Toby Cowern.Basically Selco was a survivor of the Siege of Sarajevo in the Balkan War.

Ithought it might be a good read ,an account of his experiences in that war.No.Toby Cowern is a so called survival ' expert'. Frankly,any of his advice could have been lifted from any of the many survival books out there.

Don't waste your money.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Re: SHTF,Survival Bootcamp

Post by Arzosah »

What a shame! I've no doubt that Selco has a lot of things to say that are of huge usefulness, but honestly, he writes so much about it on various blogs, even his presence in it didn't decide me to pay out :(
Sorry it didn't work out, jansman.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:07 am What a shame! I've no doubt that Selco has a lot of things to say that are of huge usefulness, but honestly, he writes so much about it on various blogs, even his presence in it didn't decide me to pay out :(
Sorry it didn't work out, jansman.
You take a punt sometimes,and this was a disappointing one.Selco started writing about his experiences some years ago,and they were interesting.Then the website disappeared.Now he has monetized it ( and who can blame him?)

However,there are genuinely better books out there.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I didn't realise his blog had disappeared - that makes even more sense that you took the punt.

Sigh ... did you know there's a chain of builder's merchants in the UK called Selco? And an Irish Selco that sells hand sanitiser?

At first, I thought the only place left online that contains his writing was the organic prepper, but he still has his blog at shtfschool, and the most recent post, dated February of this year, says he's put some of them back up, because of the pandemic.
https://shtfschool.com/blog/
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:48 pm I didn't realise his blog had disappeared - that makes even more sense that you took the punt.

Sigh ... did you know there's a chain of builder's merchants in the UK called Selco? And an Irish Selco that sells hand sanitiser?

At first, I thought the only place left online that contains his writing was the organic prepper, but he still has his blog at shtfschool, and the most recent post, dated February of this year, says he's put some of them back up, because of the pandemic.
https://shtfschool.com/blog/
What you read on that link is basically his book!

Robert Frost.

Me.