Tom Clancy’s The Division Book

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Lone

Tom Clancy’s The Division Book

Post by Lone »

Sub heading - New York Collapse.

I’ve ordered this book, though do not have or know anything about the game it relates to.

What I like is how it has been created, appearing like a survival manual (which it genuinely seems to be) that has been in the hands of someone using it as a guide for months, probably their only book...but in time adding their own details, experiences, etc., presented as handwriting in margins, etc., plus lift out items that they found or secured on their journey.

I used to keep a book like this, adding my own writing, using a highlighter for important sections, bits of articles, etc., just to keep it all in one place, instead of carrying about a library of a lot of useless info.

Anybody got this book ?

I love the idea of only being able to choose a single book in a disaster, then add your own personality/experiences to it, as time goes by
izzy_mack

Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division Book

Post by izzy_mack »

No haven't heard of it but I like the idea, I like paper copies of things that matter to me but hadn't considered writing my own book. Certainly food for thought.
Lone

Post by Lone »

It was thinking about this that I had a eureka moment (if you can call it that :lol: ) that although adding your own input to an already quality survival book that you had chosen to be your journal, I remembered I had kept a used A5 Filofax wallet.

Knowing that there were numerous types of inserts and accessories specifically designed for it, plus slots inside front and back covers for things like a map, articles, etc., decided to acquire lined paper, blank paper, note pads, coloured lined paper, graph paper, To Do lists, contacts sheets, clear wallets, etc., so as I could create my own ultimate survival book.

This helps, as the wallet itself is quite a solid ring binder, plus acquiring things like a hole punch, stapler, glue stick, coloured paper clips, post-it notes, etc., I could custom make whatever I want.

Only obtained all the necessary materials so far...yet to build my personal survival journal.

If anything, this is the best way to put together all the elements for what you might be writing ;)
Saint Eligius

Post by Saint Eligius »

I have this book, when it comes it will have several pieces of paper tickets etc. These have nothing to do with the book or survival but link to the game. its a general knowledge survival manual which is given to the protagonist who the writes her story in the margins of this book using several of the survival techniques to help her. Not the best manual & defo not the worst. the game centres around a pandemic which was spread on money during black Friday in New York, The game which now has a sequel is very good if your a gamer & that's where any survival/prepping comes to an end.