surviving the evacuation

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Brambles

Re: surviving the evacuation

Post by Brambles »

Zunzuncito wrote:Noticed yesterday that the 'Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London' is currently free to download on Kindle and audio download from Amazon if anyones interested:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surviving-Evac ... 6e5f038412
Cheers! I'm not usually an apocolypse type, but as it's free... :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
unsure

Post by unsure »

Brambles wrote:
Zunzuncito wrote:Noticed yesterday that the 'Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London' is currently free to download on Kindle and audio download from Amazon if anyones interested:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surviving-Evac ... 6e5f038412
Cheers! I'm not usually an apocolypse type, but as it's free... :)

may as well give it a go . :lol:
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Book 1 is currently free to download from Amazon. I enjoyed it. Just started the second book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surviving-Evac ... ion+book+1
Saps

Post by Saps »

I started to listen to the series (besides a lot of others) and fell in love with this series. Even I have only the first two books consumed I know, I want the whole series.

I read a lot of apocalyptic books and mostly they're from american authors. And then there's Frank and you know - he's british. In the first two books there are (besides the military) I think two or three fire arms max. A pistol and a sniper rifle. The main character has a pole thing as weapon and mounted a blade on it.

No chests full of M4s, MK11s and whatever the americans use in their books. It was really refreshing.
---
Greetings, Saps!
---
Jillybean

Post by Jillybean »

I read the series some time ago. I do love my zombie books. Although I can't remember specifics I liked that it was based in the uk. I do recall getting a little disinterested in the end, but it could have been that I binge read them and it's a long series.

One UK based series I read was RR Haywood the first 7 days. When I first started reading this I couldn't get into it, too much bad language, then I gave it another go, got completely hooked. I was however left wanting more, and have just remembered where I left off (the next book had not been written). I think this was one of my favourite series I have read. Along with Generation Z!
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

I've really enjoyed these books simply for the pleasure of reading and nothing else. My other favourite books are the Blue Plague series by Thomas A Watson. Lots of building a prepping community stuff, but a little far fetched when it includes gathering helicopters and planes, building huge armies, rescuing thousands of people and keeping pits with crocodiles in to eat the "blues", still love reading them though.
Growing old disgracefully!
redskies

Post by redskies »

Medusa wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:30 pm I've really enjoyed these books simply for the pleasure of reading and nothing else. My other favourite books are the Blue Plague series by Thomas A Watson. Lots of building a prepping community stuff, but a little far fetched when it includes gathering helicopters and planes, building huge armies, rescuing thousands of people and keeping pits with crocodiles in to eat the "blues", still love reading them though.

Oh, I love Blue Plague - Thomas, and his wife Tina, are really lovely too. Another couple of FB friends I chat with. They have a page on FB, A-POC Press, worth joining for the Craic! He & Tina have begun a series together, Viral Misery. Be *very* interested to see what you think of that one!

Have you read any of his other series?
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

redskies wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:37 pm
Medusa wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:30 pm I've really enjoyed these books simply for the pleasure of reading and nothing else. My other favourite books are the Blue Plague series by Thomas A Watson. Lots of building a prepping community stuff, but a little far fetched when it includes gathering helicopters and planes, building huge armies, rescuing thousands of people and keeping pits with crocodiles in to eat the "blues", still love reading them though.

Oh, I love Blue Plague - Thomas, and his wife Tina, are really lovely too. Another couple of FB friends I chat with. They have a page on FB, A-POC Press, worth joining for the Craic! He & Tina have begun a series together, Viral Misery. Be *very* interested to see what you think of that one!

No I havent, but will give Viral Misery a look, might look them up on FB too. I love reading, but it takes a good author to keep me enthralled and want to buy a whole series of books. Thanks for the recommendation.
Growing old disgracefully!
redskies

Post by redskies »

Medusa wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:48 pm
redskies wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:37 pm

No I havent, but will give Viral Misery a look, might look them up on FB too. I love reading, but it takes a good author to keep me enthralled and want to buy a whole series of books. Thanks for the recommendation.
I like post apocalyptic stuff, and most of the authors I've got to know are American, which is, I think, what accounts for the differences we see that would cause us in the UK to describe a book as 'badly written'. Reading how they post on FB helped with that one. It's a cultural thing, I think. Once I got that on board, mental 'translation' started happening shortly after!
OperationPrep

Post by OperationPrep »

This book is actually quite good and I'm a few books into the series so far...