USB power pack

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Nurseandy

Re: USB power pack

Post by Nurseandy »

Yes, totally agree, car is primary recharging source. Solar was more a thought for when camping.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:08 pm Yes, totally agree, car is primary recharging source. Solar was more a thought for when camping.
Look at the stand alone folding panels ;) but there's lots of rubbish out there

My new to me folding caravan has a "built in" leisure battery my car has a funky alternator so the generic caravan charging relay just won't work without £150+ throwing at it I already had a 60w 12v solar panel so it's now sporting a Anderson plug so I can just plug in on site and point it at the summer cloud / sun ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

Another +1 for Anker. I have two, had them for a few years now and they're both holding up well!
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
tarmactatt

Post by tarmactatt »

Have had an Anker PowerCore 20100 for a number of years- 20,000mAh advertised capacity.

Agree with others that it's best to avoid the gimmicky solar panel power banks - last thing the lithium rechargable cells need is to be cooked in the sun all day!

Lots of companies do small/portable folding panels with USB output, more efficient to charge your device directly, if possible.

For car camping, I'll charge the powerbank and/or devices directly when driving.

When stationary (and in good weather), I've a small 30w panel with a charge controller I use to keep the starter battery charged up while charging phones/batteries from the car.